Afternoon Trading Much More Profitable

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Flashboy, Dec 19, 2003.

1. For me anyway.

I've found that my trading is far better later in the afternoon.. the 14:30 - 16:00 period..

I always here people say they make all their money before noon and call it a day.. that's where the money is to be made.

But for me.. thats where it is lost.. Not sure why.. but I do know that that period is not for me.

Anyone else find the afternoon much better for their strategy?

2. Not really, it's difficult to tell when mid-day chop is over and afternoon begins.

In AM it's off to the races from the opening bell! :)

3. nitro

nitro

That's funny... Recently, I make _all_ of my money in the mornging. I think that it depends on what you are doing...

nitro

4. Yes, for the last two weeks anyway

5. I actually stopped trading the afternoon for about a week. I would be positive in the morning 9:30 - 11:30 and give it back in the afternoon. I started trading the afternoons again this week and have been positive from 2-4 everyday. It seems to me that there are very different markets during the day.

For example today I was gross positive 4 for 11 this morning and 8 for 9 this afternoon.

6. taodr

taodr

I have been getting screwed in the afternoons lately. If I could stop at 2pm I would be much better off. I can't seem to adjust to afternoon market turns fast enough.