afterhours WTF

Discussion in 'Trading' started by burnin, Oct 23, 2003.

1. well, i just saw a ridiculously low ask, and i didn't cover because it was so low my jaw dropped. i just sat there staring at it figuring the world was ending or something. i just passed up a free $5000. man that sucks bad.

deer in headlights . that sucks

#11     Oct 23, 2003

2. sorry, man. that does suck big time ! :(

best,

surfer

#12     Oct 23, 2003
  3. burnin

burnin

2nd day in a row WHACK ATTACK after the close

somhow I dont get the sense there will be a recovery like today....tomorrow:eek:

just in case anyone got in on that BAC fleecing of the institutional buyer, you can thank me for guiding him up to the buck:cool:

#13     Oct 23, 2003
  4. thanks for your commisseration surf, in a small way, that really helps. i think it sucks too :)

serves me right for holding out on the possibility of armageddon like dr evil :mad: or something. i completely got what i deserved.

#14     Oct 23, 2003
  5. you are still in the money aren't you?

good luck on your position ...

a question ... why not cover a portion of it and place scale down orders overnight ?

futures are lower than a few hours ago

#15     Oct 23, 2003
  6. yes, it's still a nice trade and thanks, hopefully tomorrow will be a nice slide, stoploss free. in retrospect, i should have at least covered part at that crazy ask before it completely evaporated back to normal levels. for all the time i sit around after hours waiting for something like that to happen, i can't believe it did while i happened to be sitting there holding a 1.5 normal size position, and i just froze. lol!

thanks guys ... didnt mean to turn this into vanilla's shitty after hours slip-up thread, but i really appreciate the comfort. i guess the lesson is don't hesitate to cover when you see an ask that jumps a normal full day's range in two seconds.... cuz someone else is gonna hit it. damn damn damn

peace, good trading

#16     Oct 23, 2003
  7. I was short QQQ overnight and decided to cover 1/2 my position size after hours when I saw the Naz futures drop to 1354, based on support of the 50-day MA. I figured it was a gift to make 65 cents profit on the Qs after-hours, so I wanted to lock in some gains. However, it could slide lower in the morning, so I kept half the position open. It's a very simple strategy, but I often like to close partial position size and keep the rest open in situations like this.

#17     Oct 23, 2003
  8. funky

funky

don't worry bout it v......shake it off :)

#18     Oct 23, 2003
  9. thanks buddy
    :)

#19     Oct 23, 2003
  10. Mecro

Mecro

Is the bubble popping? What does everyone think?

#20     Oct 23, 2003