Afterhours Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderdave72, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Hello all,
    Just wanted to let you know my experience with afterhours trading. Today I traded NTAP and all i did was buy on bid and sell on offer because of the big spread. I didn't know you could do this but I did it at least 5 times and made the spread on each trade. Can anyone explain why this is possible? Why would they let you do this? There was a .15 spread and I bought at the bid price and sold immediately at the offer for a .15 gain. Can anyone tell me if they had any such experience like this and if it is legal to do that? I am new to the afterhours thing and earnings came out so I decided to give it a shot and it worked. Why was this possible and it seem like easy money to me. Thanks for the help.
    TraderDave72

2. You sure you didn't get your buttons crossed, or that the offer was actually $1 lower than the bid?

3. yeah, i do it all the time...there ain't no mms durin' extended hours so u can place your bid/offer and wait to get hit with much better chances than durin' rth...u makin' a mkt yourself.

4. Surdo

Surdo

Now that you told the entire Cyber Trading world 'bout your little secret, it ain't no secret any mo. dat be me pennying you on the offer.

Nice work!

5. yeah like if u would get filled all the time at ease...u do if someone hits u or more likely if u are on the wrong side..there aint no secrets....gettin' inside the spread tho u get filled almost all the time.

6. A bit of friendly advice, if you don't know what you're doing in certain market conditions, don't trade in those market conditions.

Your post clearly indicates that you have no idea how markets work after hours. So I suggest that you not trade them until you figure it out. Otherwise you're going to get your ass run over, this I promise you.