After the whole world is sure that Warren Buffet will fail...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ASusilovic, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Graham failed to anticipate 100x leverage or more using impossible to model CDOs and CDSs.

#21     Mar 5, 2009
  2. What does this mean?

#22     Mar 5, 2009
  3. spinn

spinn

Maybe it is due to your greed. I am sorry that a DR that prescribes lipitor 400 times a week only makes $250,000 a year and has not cured a patient since he left med school.

The greed and selfishness of DRs and health care "professionals" is doing more damage to the economy than anything Citibank could possibly dream up.

#23     Mar 5, 2009
  4. Daal

Daal

BAC had a 'profitable' 2008. I dont trust anyones books, who knows how much BRK is worth. It sure heck wont have the kind of growth it used to have due size constraints, correlation to the US collapse and buffett financial sector alocation mistakes

#24     Mar 5, 2009
  5. Means :

I still see some value in stocks like Wal Mart, Kraft Foods, Joohnson & Johnson, Merck, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola.

Bank story is over. Full stop.

Whoever - until now - has not hedged his portfolio is dumb and should be punished !

#25     Mar 5, 2009
  6. Agree with you, I would like tomorrows open to be a big gap down actually due to bad unemployment numbers which will lead to a monster rally. I am looking to trade TNA tomorrow for a massive move up +10% move (looking at +5% tomorrow on the indicies, if not more). Things are bad but this is not a depression and the market is trading like it is, for the moment equities are way, way oversold. Good trading to you. :)

#26     Mar 5, 2009

7. I could not agree more. I am a prop trader and trade some REITs like BXP and VNO and these things are just being destroyed. Looks like they may still fall another $20. So is commercial real estate going to be the coup d'etat? Anyone care to elaborate on this thesis, because it sure looks likely to me.
    Also, I could not be more bearish on the U.S. dollar. But right now where is the capital going to flow? I mean Wall Street pretty much brought down the world with it. Social unrest? VERY LIKELY. The truth is that the Federal Reserve makes Madoff look like a quaint little neighborhood con artist. THE FED IS THE LARGEST PONZI SCAM EVER... just hope we get out of this one and can delay our eventual demise for another decade or so...

#27     Mar 5, 2009
  8. Agree that this is not a depression, and that the market will have some violent swings up, but as far as buying and holding, I'm just not sure yet. Having said that... I bought some stock today. Dumb, I know, if I believe that DOW 6000 is a decent possibility, but I couldn't help myself, and these stocks could go to zero and not affect me in any way. I bought tiny positions, just to free my mind, in a sense.

If you are buying for a real recovery in the overall markets as opposed to a violent upswing where you're out at a quick profit, you have to ask yourself when you thnk that might be, and I have no faith that it will be anytime within the next few years, at least in the American markets. I'd rather trade in and out for the time being.

#28     Mar 6, 2009
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

What do you think about the MD's who get a check from drug companies they write the most Rx's for? Amazing huh?!? I believe it was Dateline who did a story on Dr's getting vacations paid for by drug companies, one getting a $475,000 check, and another who actually didn't want the money, and sent it back.

If a retail broker were caught getting $1 from an investment company rep, that's a career ender.

Strange World huh?

#29     Mar 6, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Agree. I can't think of a more perfect bottom indicator.

#30     Mar 6, 2009