After several years, I found the WORST broker to avoid.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by QP18, Mar 27, 2019.

1. QP18

QP18

DO NOT open with @Etrade . I've went through tons of brokers and they are the worst by far. They will bombard you with all these ridiculous hidden fees. They are very sneaky. The WORST broker in the US. Avoid #etrade at all costs. Just a friendly trader advice.

You won't see the fees until you look extremely closely into it. And You won't see additional fees until you try to close your account. They will bombard you with all the random fees you never expected to see.

I've opened accounts with TDAmeritrade, Etrade, Interactive Brokers, MerillLynch, Robinhood, Centerpoint Securities, Optionshouse (before etrade bought them out), Fidelity. Every broker has pros and cons depending on what you are looking for. But I can tell you that considering aspect, Etrade is the worst by far.

JSOP likes this.
  2. Agree with this. I actually ended my “relationship” with Etrade having a shouting match on the phone which I am a little embarrassed about.

As Roberto Duran said “No Mas”

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

That is a lot of accounts. what is a typical reason for moving?

4. Wow...on the number of accounts. Agree with you on Etrade. I used to be to OptionsHouse but after eTrade got them, I moved to my to Tradier and Fidelity

kmiklas likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

"After several years, I found the WORST broker to avoid."

Time for a different hobby.

fredk, tickmagnet, FSU and 1 other person like this.
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Never ever be embarrassed about shouting matches with hideous brokers. Some of their customer service is just plain horrible and they deliberately try to distort or misinterpret what you say in order to achieve their own purpose. I once got into a shouting match on the phone with IB and it was with a manager. Imagine that! A manager who doesn't even have the basic ability to talk to customers in a not just a courteous manner but just a normal manner. Just shows you how ridiculous some of those brokers are.

7. JSOP

JSOP

Duly noted. Maybe this is the reason why they are adding all those hidden fees in the first place, because people are leaving them in droves and people are avoiding them like the plague due to warnings such as yours so they have to gouge out as many fees as possible before letting you leave.

8. Times

Times

Why not tell us all the hidden fees to expose them to customers?

That would deter new customers. Instead, you really gave no verifiable reason.

MsFutures, FSU, lindq and 1 other person like this.
  9. QP18

QP18

Main reason, I'm too lazy to get in details.
    Hey but you can definitely try them out and tell us later how much you lost on random unexpected fees. Deter new customers? I'm trying to save them money. There are plenty of way better brokers out there. Etrade was the worst on my end.

10. QP18

QP18

I was on a road of becoming a full time trader. for living. I try things out to see good and bad.

#10     Mar 28, 2019