After Libya, who shall we bomb next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cohen2011, Mar 19, 2011.

Who next for a good old bombing?

1. Iran

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Pakistan

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Saudi Arabia

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Iran

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Iran

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Yea, you noticed that. Its our boys getting killed. Probably more
    because they can't find work over here. Wait'll they get back and find out all the tax breaks were used to send their jobs overseas and they kept the diff. in bonuses. Remnd me to risk my life for my country again.

#11     Mar 20, 2011
  2. LOL, oh please, you can't be that naive, can you? Don't you understand the political repercussions in the muslim world if Israeli troops were involved in a coalition "invading" a muslim country? Bad as the presence of the US/European troops there is, it would be an order of magnitude worse and the coalition would immediately lose all its muslim members. There is a reason why the US literally begged Israel not to retaliate to Saddam Hussein's rocket attacks in 1991.

Besides you "dumb Euros" :) don't contribute all that much either, proportional Israel's contribution would probably be about 100 troops which would change nothing on the ground and would just enrage the entire muslim world. How it's not obvious to anyone even with a cursory interest in politics is beyond me.

#12     Mar 20, 2011
  3. Every Muslim nation is in a state of apolexy over existance of Israel already and I keep hearing how Israel does not give a flying f*ck about the opinions of Arabs or anyone else so whats to lose. With the UK military death toll at over 359 I would hazard a guess that our contribution has not been insignificant. No doubt when Iran becomes an actionable issue you will expect the life of the Goy to be sacraficed to preserve your security.

#13     Mar 20, 2011
  4. Israel does not give a fuck about the opinion of Arabs indeed, but the US and especially you Euros do and that's why when a coalition is built to invade a muslim country Israel is not just unwelcome, it's explicitly prohibited to even apply. Don't pretend to be a moron, this is Politics 101.

PS While the UK does contribute significantly in Afghanistan you were talking about 'dumb Euros' in your previous post and the involvement of virtually all other European countries is pathetic. Yet you are picking on Israel which is not allowed to contribute even if it wanted to. What else is new.

PS2 Don't make me laugh about Iran, no one expects even in one's wildest dreams that Euros will get involved on Israel's side. Your country did not even vote for the creation of Israel, Balfour declaration notwithstanding. And none of you was in any way helpful during ALL the wars that the Arabs waged against the Jewish state. Useless and silent before and at the beginning of the hostilities you were all screaming for a ceasefire the moment Israel was gaining the upper hand, silent on terror and rocket attacks, you're throwing hysterical fits the moment Israel tries to put an end to them.

#14     Mar 20, 2011
  5. Where exactly does it say that Israel cannot participate in international actions against Muslim states or non-state Islamic actors? You carry out long range bombing raids and play whackapali worldwide and yet you cannot man up and commit your troops to the global war on terror. You guys want to take a reality check even France has lost more men in the war against international Islamic terror. Despite being a supporter of the state of Israel I am beginning to see that the only lives you guys value are Jewish lives.

#15     Mar 20, 2011
  6. Come on, being not invited to a coalition and in fact being actively prohibited/discouraged to apply, being told that your involvement will actually destroy the coalition and will cause a number of hugely important (from the political not military perspective) allies to withdraw is the only reason Israel is not involved.

Israel is accused (right or wrong) of many things, accusing Israel of not being in coalitions that don't want it as a member is kind of ridiculous.

#16     Mar 20, 2011