After IB, where do you go?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nravo, Dec 6, 2007.

1. dabao91

dabao91

Does the firewall allow remote desktop, or gotomypc.com. Some companies allow the later. I used gotomypc to my home PC for year at a large corporate which blocked TWS. It also has the advantage that your trading activity wont appear in their logs.

If your PC at home dead (power off, freeze, etc), can you reboot you PC at home when you are in your office?

#11     Dec 6, 2007
  2. Tums

Tums

usually people go "somewhere", then back to IB.

#12     Dec 6, 2007
  3. dabao91

dabao91

If you can't or don't want to open your network to outsiders, get a VPS for about 30-35/month and try to access it thru WDC and run the software there. Running TWS on a VPS usually gets you a better connection to their servers as well.

Would you mind to explain it in more details?

What does WDC stand for?

If I have VPS, can I remove login into VPS and run web-page from there?????

If I have
    Thanks.

#13     Dec 6, 2007
  4. So what would you recommend?

#14     Dec 6, 2007
  5. Buy a laptop and run a CDMA card.

#16     Dec 6, 2007
  6. Why do you want to leave IB.

I know IB has its share of issues, but its nothing that normally cant be mitigated.

#17     Dec 6, 2007
  7. dabao91

dabao91

Why do you want to leave IB.

I know IB has its share of issues, but its nothing that normally cant be mitigated.

Agreed.

And you can always open a ticket for the issues you may have and work with them to solve the issues.....

#18     Dec 6, 2007
  8. IBmm

IBmm Interactive Brokers

One of the replies that appears to have been overlooked is the use of the IB Web Trader. It is a browser based version of the TWS. The Web Trader does not have all of the bells and whistles of the TWS but it was designed to allow traders to access their account from behind corporate networking without any special configuration. I hope that helps...

#19     Dec 6, 2007
  9. cstfx

cstfx

WDC is Windows Desktop Connection.

Yes, you can install TWS on your VPS and log into IB from there. I have found that I tend to have a better connection from my desktop to IB servers if I logon from my VPS. I have to assume that the hosting center where it is located has the pipes to deal with anything. I still prefer my own machines, but the VPS was a good backup.

#20     Dec 6, 2007