after how long will you reoptimize the parameter

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by robinxing, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I wanna say

to some extent,recacalculate the parameter is necessary

strictly following some principal ,will never lead to curve fitting

#11     Jul 9, 2007
  2. mde2004

mde2004

Jack has never made a profit trading btw.

#12     Jul 9, 2007
  3. Profitable indicator-based systems do exist.

#13     Jul 9, 2007
  4. The art is to create parameters that automatically adapt to the markets. Within certain limits i can even change my parameters without having significant differences in results.

Sure ,I agree with you

if the parameter change the strategy performance significantly

I will discard it

#14     Jul 9, 2007
  5. Agreed.

#15     Jul 9, 2007
  6. Agree. He loves to post garbage

#16     Jul 9, 2007
  7. I don't agree. Indicators build on behavioral finance can tell you IN ADVANCE what the typical reaction of the market will be, because they are based on the humans who make the market. So no lagging, just the opposite. My system warns me before things happen.

I seldom say that certain things cannot work well, because my opinion is always based on my own knowledge. And as my knowledge is limited, there might be things possible that i don't even understand. So i only conclude on what i can achieve in trading. But there are surely still other very performing things that exist.

#17     Jul 10, 2007
  8. Spike

Could you give an example of an indicator based on behavioral finance?

#18     Jul 10, 2007
  9. I believe that every move is a result of behavioral finance, so every possible indicator is based on behavioral finance. The only problem is that they only work well in hindsight.
    It took me years before i was able to figure out how to represent the behavior of the mass in mathematical calculations BEFORE the move occurred.
    Behavioral finance is not about 1 indicator, it's about a complete system. Each move of the market has several stages that we go through, and on top of that there are different kinds of moves, so also different kinds of systems with a variety of stages.
    I was never able to summarize the behavior in 1 indicator, nor have i ever had 1 indicator that was able to give consistent profits in the long run.

#19     Jul 10, 2007
  10. MaxSpain

MaxSpain

Hey Spike could you please explain to me the difference between parameters that are changed and parameters that adapt automatically ... ?

They both change, don't they?

Thanks,

Max

#20     Jul 10, 2007