After Hours Rading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neo_hr, Dec 1, 2001.

1. neo_hr

neo_hr

Banned or not?!

Heres a link to a very interesting article and the reason I HATE overnight positions .

http://www.geocities.com/lenwilder/MoneyPit1.html

I Just may have an opportunity to get some managed capital to make the min deposit for daytrading and overcome this but if not.... im buggered. Anyway,what do you guys think about it??

Good luck all,

Alex

2. Who would doubt that there is a lot of manipulation going on during extended hours? I dont know how much of it is mm's and how much is greedy retailers but who cares? It adds volatility to the market and volatility is the name of the game as far as I am concerned.

3. Turok

Turok

>Heres a link to a very interesting article and the
    >reason I HATE overnight positions

Yeah...more monied conspiracy cr**.

It's called a free market and if someone doesn't want to play the trading game then play an informed buy and hold and take yourself beyond the "manipulation" time frame.

Money IS the conspiracy -- money buys comfort, security, power and privilege. Some have it, others want it (and usually for the very reasons they hate the others having it) and many on this list are working their a**es off to get it.

This is the game and I love it (and no, I am not a referred to MSI)

JB

4. Magna

Magna Administrator

For daytrading these manipulations and games add volatility which is good. For swingtrading these artificially created gaps can be good or horrible, depending on which side you're holding.