After Hours Mini-Gold

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by chrisjs87, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Can't afford it, lol.

#21     Mar 12, 2010
  2. awesome!...I've made +3.7 so far today trading the mini-Gold...

#22     Mar 12, 2010
  3. And sure enough... a 7.2 day could have been a 16 point day if only my balls would drop.

How you looking increasenow?

#23     Mar 12, 2010
  4. Mini-gold seems a little thin and choppy. Do you watch GC for movement, then pop in an order over on minigold?

#24     Mar 12, 2010
  5. Well obviously it's a little thinner than GC, but I dont think it's significantly more choppy. And watching for movement on GC is really a waste of time (at least for me)... The difference is negligible at best.

#25     Mar 12, 2010
  6. +8.7 points trading mini-Gold this week. Of course, was drowned out by the other losses (sugar, soybeans). I think I found my 'focus' contract...very interesting.

Wondering right now on Friday afternoon where I would be by next Friday afternoon if I look at nothing but Gold charts this weekend and traded nothing but Gold futures next week...massive focus.

Interesting...honestly, would have never thought Gold could be it...much less 'mini-Gold' for now. Of course with the view to scale up to 2-3 at most mini-Gold contracts and then just trade the large Comex Gold...very interesting

#26     Mar 12, 2010
  7. Coolio

Coolio

Same here, mini gold is good to cut your teeth with, preserve your capital, expose weaknesses, see if you can integrate trading with your life, confirm strategies developed in paper trading.

I watch/ chart /GC but will continue to trade the mini. If I can't make any money then there no sense in messing around with /GC. If I can make a little with /YG mini then /GC will be even better with the higher leverage/ better fills all at the same commission level (for me).

Its walking before you dare run.

#27     Apr 2, 2010
  8. good point...spot on

#28     Apr 2, 2010
  9. back trading this?...anyone else?

#29     May 13, 2010