after "gold" my next short is "ebay"

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by heilbronner, Mar 14, 2003.

1. great company, just a bit too pricey, at least for the moment. I would also expect a stock split, chart would suggest such a thing.

2. TGregg

TGregg

Yeah, I've long wished to invest in EBAY, but it's outrageously priced :(.

3. Jeffo

Jeffo

People have been saying that since it was in the low 60s.

4. Actually I'm long the qqq and short ebay to make a spread. In IMHO ebay has held up a long time, maybe too long.

It reminds me of NVDA, which not too long ago was priced to hell and it seemed it would never come back.

Time will tell.

5. I guess I'll be writing EBAY 12.5 Puts soon.

6. I was trying to get on the long side of EBAY for about a week. Finally gave up on Wednesday after getting stopped out all the time.

At least I had GE...

7. Momento

Momento

NVDA & EBAY on different boat...

there are serious buying and investment banking relationships behind ebay. NVDA didn't... (they were always on the spot light for insider trading etc...)
    I am not advocating the fact that it is a good buy... but i definitely would look for something ELSE to short instead.

Good lucky trying to fight that insanely strong tape.

:confused:

8. Momento

Momento

But SHORTING:

GOLD is a great idea. :D
    I need some help from you guys to pressure it a little.

9. Foz

Foz

If you want to find a cheap, used copy of "The Art of Short Selling" by Kathryn Staley, where are you going to look?

Likely either Amazon or Ebay. I wouldn't short either one.

(By the way, here's the auction for the book: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3505991418&category=29296. Is the book any good? Current bid is $21.99. Or the book is available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...02-3054792-0336055?v=glance&s=books&n=507846. Used for $24.75. I just picked this book because the thread topic is shorting stocks.)

#10     Mar 14, 2003