"After Earth"- this years "John Carter"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Clubber Lang, May 26, 2013.

1. Will be difficult for Will Jr to replicate the success of his father.

#11     Jun 2, 2013
  2. 27 million opening weekend.

A pathetic 3rd place behind "Fast 6" and "Now you see me" (a movie that cost about 1/3 of what After Earth did to make).

One good thing is that this should put a damper on Jaden Smith's "acting" (if you want to call it that) career. So it's not a total loss.

Now maybe the same can be done for his equally untalented daughter and her awful singing career.

#12     Jun 2, 2013
  3. Quote from AK Forty Seven:

Will Smith in a action or comedy flick is a close to guaranteed blockbuster (100 million domestic box office )

His kids are annoying as hell and the last good move he was in was years ago(I am legend) so I wont be seeing it but IT WILL BE A BOX OFFICE HIT IMO
    -------------------------------

Nice call dipshit.

IQ47 probably wants the government to subsidize the movie to help the untalented black kid become a movie star.

#13     Jun 2, 2013
  4. Saw it...b/c no other movie was on for at least 45 mins after we ate lunch.

Real snoozer. The kid just doesn't have much talent. :-/

#14     Jun 2, 2013
  5. Maybe you are too fucking stupid to realize that it is way too early to call this movie a failure.As Tom pointed out 300 mill will make it a success .Lets just wait and see the final numbers before running your mouth idiot.You remind of the conservative idiots who were calling Lincoln a failure when it started off slow.

For the record I don't like his son,he seems to be an arrogant asshole who feels he is entitled to an A list Hollywood career because of who his father is.

#15     Jun 2, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL! You got to him, Clubber.

#16     Jun 3, 2013
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#17     Jun 5, 2013
  8. #18     Jun 29, 2013
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

These and Marvel/dc comics superheroes, they need to stop...Drop the special effects and bring back dialogs and carisma like in the 70s and 80s... I hardly Watch a movie that have been made after my birth these days...

#19     Jun 29, 2013
  10. Thanks for the update.

Epic failure.

The next big money box office blunder could be "R.I.P.D" starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges. I give it 50/50 that it can make back its budget. Reynolds better be careful. This combined with that awful Green Lantern movie won't sit well with the studios.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1865iBaU4Wo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=1865iBaU4Wo

Edit- The Lone Ranger is going to be a disaster too. But that's pretty much known already.

#20     Jun 29, 2013