After a winning trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by epetrov, Apr 5, 2010.

1. epetrov

epetrov

If I have to get a loos, I have no problem to replay since the trade conditions are met.
    If I had a winner, with the next set up I'd play if the conditions are met. If not - I don't partisipate. I wouldn't consider the outcome of the latest trade.

#11     Apr 8, 2010
  2. Coolio

Coolio

I call that "going back to the well" and have prohibited that in my trading rules.

There was a set up just like that on 1 minute charts on Crude /CL just today. I made 12 ticks going short as it made a new low. She popped back up and gave another signal but I just walked away.

Just like your pic shows, the 2nd one was a winner but much smaller.

As newb, that's just too much action for me on 1 min charts ..... I suppose a more seasoned trader would have snagged the 12 and then the additional 5 while still yawning and drinking morning coffee but that's too much for me. Maybe in a few months.

#12     Apr 8, 2010
  3. charts

charts

Or your rule was flawed ... (?) :)

#13     Apr 8, 2010
  4. epetrov

epetrov

Ha ha ha.
    You got me! I agree. :D
    Yestarday I took exactly what you showed on the picture with a good profit. Unfortunatelly I didn't keep a picture of this to show.

#14     Apr 9, 2010
  5. DrEvil

DrEvil

BS. Not one person (except someone with inside knowledge) knows the outcome of the next trade or any trade for that matter. If it meets your criteria take it, and manage your risk.

#15     Apr 9, 2010
  6. I say Bullshit. You wouldnt possibly know that the trade right after the 1st trade would be a loser or not. Just trade what you see.

#16     Apr 9, 2010
  7. epetrov

epetrov

Voala several set ups that worked in a row.
    The last one I just took.
    :D :D :D

#17     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Coolio

Coolio

Maybe you are right ... I noticed Nat GAS this am ..giving trade after trade after trade .. all morning long .. this was on a break at lunch

I had been too spellbound trying to figure out oil as it was down a bit while the dollar was down and messing around with gold .. to see what was happening over in nat gas ..

I guess that is the difference between newbs and successful experienced folks .. the newb will be perplexed by troublesome markets while the experienced fellow hones in like a hawk on the market that is just giving and giving and giving.

#18     Apr 9, 2010
  9. epetrov

epetrov

Obviously win after win is nut something unusual

#19     Apr 20, 2010
  10. epetrov

epetrov

Forgot the chart

#20     Apr 20, 2010