After a winning trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by epetrov, Apr 5, 2010.

1. epetrov

epetrov

Hello Everybody,
    I was asking myself about the following rule: "after a winning position stay away from that market with the next set up".
    What do you think abot that? It is truth of just BS?

See thet attached file: the winning trade in the blue box and the questionalbe one in the red one.
    :)

2. ammo

ammo

the blue trade was a nice setup, the red is a coin toss

3. Bakinec

Bakinec

Bullshit.

4. BS

5. Gcapman

Gcapman

Whoever made that rule is allergic to money...

6. epetrov

epetrov

Cool
    :D

7. Lethn

Lethn

I think it's even better to go in right after a winning trade, not only have you just got yourself a moral boost by WINNING you also are inside of a trend and if you are in a market you know well that'll mean that you can keep things going. I think the only time it might be good if it's at the end of the week and the markets are going to close for the weekend.

8. Redneck

Redneck

Depends

If the market handed you $50.00, $500.00 $1,000.00, maybe $5,000.00… whatever

Would you take it and respectfully say – Thank You may I have another – then go get it..

Or would you get the big head, the adrenalin kick, and start thinking you’re 10 foot tall and bullet proof – now give it to me

Market will give you – exactly what you take…, it will take whatever you take for granted – and it will continue to take for as long as you decide to fight it…

imho – Best you ask yourself - then listen

RN

9. volente_00

volente_00

When you are hitting you keep ringing the register.

It is not uncommon for me to string together 10 or 15 winners in a row. Never in my mind am I thinking I should not take the next trade because I just made money on the last.

10. What is your rule if you have a losing trade?

Why would one be different from the other?

#10     Apr 7, 2010