After 15 years, I finally get it right...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Aug 5, 2011.

1. TWS Trader Dashboard does use the term "Pnl" in the default account data attributes:

"Realized Pnl in base currency"

"Unrealized Pnl in base currency"

Not making a statement on whether or not this means OP is legit, I could care less, but IB does use the term Pnl in TWS is all (at least in an unofficial capacity).

#31     Aug 5, 2011
  2. Ahh, wtf cares, but I was surprised how many bought it. Eternal optimism in a sea of despair.

More surprised that nobody questioned how he pulled $2MM out of index options and futures on a 60-point ATR. No friggin way he had less than $5MM (had it been legit) to start the day.

#32     Aug 5, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yep, he called the moves up, the moves down, traded them,:D then "gave up" hedges at the bottom. Gotta love ET.:D :D :D

Why does someone come on an annonymous board and post fake trades/"PnL?" I don't get it.:confused:

#33     Aug 5, 2011
  4. lol disregard. I've never used Trader Dashboard but just set it up. Sure enough it does use "Pnl" on TWS, paper trader and demo.

#34     Aug 5, 2011
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

I don't get why someone does that.:confused:

Oh well, I get to add him to my long ignore list.

#35     Aug 5, 2011
  6. I had not closed any positions today, but wanted to see the color on the realized Pnl number so I scalped a one lot YM from 96 to 97 so that I could see the output. Looks nothing like the OPs... IB seems to be fond of green/+ red/-:

[​IMG]

Anyway, there is no way to produce that gain on a 60 ATR in INDEX w/o starting with millions. I ran money for a guy who made $10MM in a day (on $100MM), so even on the odd chance you can change the colors of the Pnl it's immaterial lacking context.

[​IMG]

The font (blue) in DH's isn't even close.

#36     Aug 5, 2011
  7. TWS have 3 Color Palette : classic , dark , light ( try all )

#37     Aug 5, 2011
  8. +1

this place has turned to rubbish in last couple yrs.

#38     Aug 5, 2011
  9. This gain is real.

He followed my calls this week , and was long deeeeeeeeeeep puts.

congrats.

#39     Aug 5, 2011
  10. does seeing a p&l like that make your nose hairs tingle?

[​IMG]

#40     Aug 5, 2011