African american Pres and his wife can take a hike on Prince William's wedding

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bob111, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Prez is mad @ recent success of the BNP

#11     Jan 15, 2011
  2. How is it a snub ? They were plain and clear that it is not a State occasion...and that they would like everyday people to grace their special moment.

Imagine if the Pres and the First Lady were invited & found themselves sitting among you lot...:( :(

#12     Jan 15, 2011
  3. Wow, that would be a busy day for the secret service controlling the vermin...

#13     Jan 15, 2011
  4. Obama generally dislikes Europe, Europeans, and people of European descent, as revealed by wikileaks. What do you expect?

#14     Jan 15, 2011
  5. Eight

Eight

f%^k him if he can't take a joke.. Democrats are so brilliant. To wit, one Jessie Jackson and all the leftist attorneys that are here to "help the Black Man"; they sue employers for race problems... employers stop hiring Black people. Nobody in the US in the private sector hires Blacks afaik. I've seen what happens with half of them if they do get hired.. they look around, don't see any other Blacks, decide it's because of racism and become the biggest problem children in the workplace.. and maybe they really hate whities to begin with.. The US is so racially divided and screwed up that the only way for a whitey to be at peace is move where there an overwhelming majority of whities, a rich area is usually your best bet for that because welfare and crime don't pay enough to get out of the ghetto..

#15     Jan 15, 2011
  6. What success? They have pretty much tanked in the UK after their Euro win. Some of you guys seem to fall into a crazed circle jerk everytime any news surfaces that could be percieved as negative towards President Obama. :D

#16     Jan 16, 2011
  7. Umm, the two seats in the EU parliament? The 20 something CMs? Coming out of nowhere in the woods to being the largest 3rd party in the UK after Labor and the Tories? Pretty significant by most standards...

#17     Jan 16, 2011
  8. I am puzzled as to how you determine the BNP to be the 3rd largest party in the UK as all available figures do not concur with your statement. Back it up if you can.:D

#18     Jan 16, 2011
  9. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/election2010/results/constituency/a11.stm

You're right, I misinterpreted(I think). I apologize. However, the point remains. I find it hard to believe that Obama hasn't got strong opinions about the BNP and it's recent success in the UK. Do you really think that recent developments in UK internal politics has nothing to do with the O-bomb's recent proclamation of "best friendship" with France?

People in the USA who follow Euro politics are now broadly painting the UK (and sometimes Sweden and Holland) with that brush, particularly those on the left of course. Specifically due to the recent success of parties like the BNP, Sweden Demokrats, PVV, etc.

Admittedly, it's mere speculation on my part. However, if you disagree, precisely what do you think was behind this very strong statement/gesture?

See the article below:

Jan. 12: British political observers have criticised US President Barack Obama’s recent statement that France is America’s biggest ally, warning that such a message can undermine American-British ties.
    “We don’t have a stronger friend and stronger ally than Nicolas Sarkozy, and the French people,” Mr Obama said during a meeting with French President Nicolus Sarkozy in the White House. Britain has reportedly lost nearly 350 troops in the war against the Taliban, seven times as many as France. Besides, over 10,000 British soldiers are serving in Helmand province, compared with just 3,850 Frenchmen.
    Mr Obama’s stance has been condemned in Westminster. “I’m getting a bit fed up with the American President using terms like “best ally” so loosely. It’s Britain that has had more than 300 servicemen killed in Afghanistan, not France. That to my mind is a lot more powerful than any political gesture making,” the Daily Mail quoted Tory MP Patrick Mercer, as saying.
    The remarks also angered conservatives in Washington. Nile Gardiner, director of the Margaret Thatcher Centre For Freedom at the Heritage Foundation think-tank, said: “Quite what the French have done to merit this kind of high praise from the US President is difficult to fathom. And if the White House means what it says, this represents an extraordinary sea change in foreign policy.”
    “To suggest that Paris and not London is Washington’s strongest partner is simply ludicrous. Such a remark is not only factually wrong but insulting to Britain, not least coming just a few years after the French knifed Washington in the back over the war in Iraq,” Mr Gardiner added.

#19     Jan 16, 2011
  10. There has never been a constant relationship between the US and the UK and the current coalition is not what you would call overly friendly to the US, the LibDem component have never thought much of the US and the current crop of Conservatives are somewhat inward looking (and maybe rightly so considering the circumstances). Don't expect a Thatcher / Reagan or Bush / Blair relationship between Cameron and any US president Democrat or Republican its not his style. We have your back as you have ours but remember we are fiscally and militarly stretched so buddying up with France is no bad thing.
    Its also woth remembering that France also has a significant and active far-right (Front National) with a broader support (3 seats in the European Parliament and 118 seats in Regional Councils). I don't think the rise of the far-right has anything to do with the US focus on France, some of us on here will remember when it was Germany that recieved great platitudes from US way back not the UK.

#20     Jan 16, 2011