AFL-CIO wants to create a fight tonight with the NYC Police???

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jackpearson, Oct 13, 2011.

1. I have been watching this movement with interest.

It is strange how this movement appeared out of nowhere when Obama started running for president. Perhaps it is meant to counter the tea party and bolster democratic confidence. There appears to be big union support in organizing and running this "spontaneous" protesting.

Perhaps some of those claiming they have no jobs, should also blame the teachers that passed them all without grading or ever failing them and taught them to have super self esteem. It would be a bitch when they hit the real working world and realized that they would not be president in one year, would not make hundreds of thousands a year at a desk job doing little, their entitlement payments ran out, etc. Too bad pot smoking is a non-transferable skill. Perhaps some of them had a hand in their own fate?

Reality bites when you have to make your own way and WORK HARD to do well generally speaking. Easy come, easy go oftentimes.

One tax fellow I know well told me that he was amazed at the number of kids in their late twenties who lived at home with mom and dad and had never worked or filed a tax form. They phoned him years later to get a government payment offered to provincial residents.

I know that the vast majority of young people are not like this stereotype, but we have all heard the stories of people leaving at noon and not coming back - one individual not even to get his final pay. I guess the only place money grows on trees is at the Fed.

I think this has all happened before in the past. Perhaps there is nothing new under the sun? The more I watch, the more I think there is a model for this in history.

2. Roark

Roark

Cool. Police thugs vs. union thugs. Too bad both sides can't lose. I'm betting on the police thugs. They'll have the superior fire and don't mind killing a few or a lot of folks.

3. taught them to have super self esteem.
    =================

I agree, this is a big problem. When they hit the real world which requires effort and the results aren't what they expect, they get angry. Their motivation isn't to increase effort, the anger is directed at others to take what they have.

4. rc8222

rc8222

Can't wait for the NYPD to beat the absolute snot out of these subversive ass wipes. It should be put on pay per view, as I'm always willing to pay and watch clueless liberals get their asses kicked. :D

5. This will be just more hype. The likely of this occuring is very slim. I see it more as a threat than a possible action. Caught an interesting article on Bloomberg. what was most interesting was the statements made by Buffets son.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...se-u-s-vulnerability-to-financial-crises.html

As long as there is food at Wal Mart and the Supermarkets there food to eat for the masses. As long as there as TV's to watch and cells phones to play with it will keep the masses occupied. Keep them fat, dumb and happy and everyone wins.

Welcome to Neo Feudalism,

Akuma

Still liking diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds and IVORY!!!

6. Roark

Roark

Did you move out of the US already?

7. Inprocess of liquidating all assets for an easier move. I don't want to live in a place that is destined for decades of Japanese style stagflation. It is better to run away than fight the powers that be. I am still looking at some here in the Pacific region. I also just caught an article about the Chinese are giving aid to Cape Horn and other African nations. They have the planet locked up. If there would be something done about the high speed rail on this country it would be a glimmer of hope but not in this economic enviroment. With reports of municipalities going bankrupt, things do not look good. People in DC will be in a pissing contest while the rest of us suffer.

Welcome to Neo Feudalism,

Akuma

8. Roark

Roark

Why don't you move to North Dakota? That's an entirely different world:

<i>NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Believe it or not, a place exists where companies are hiring like crazy, and you can make $15 an hour serving tacos, $25 an hour waiting tables and $80,000 a year driving trucks.

You just have to move to North Dakota. Specifically, to one of the tiny towns surrounding the oil-rich Bakken formation, estimated to hold anywhere between 4 billion and 24 billion barrels of oil.Oil companies have only recently discovered ways to tap this reserve. And along with the manpower needed to extract the oil, the town is now scrambling to find workers to support the new rush of labor.
    </i>

The oil industry just needs to buy a few politicians and all will be well in the US again. See http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/28/pf/north_dakota_jobs/index.htm?iid=HP_River for the complete article.

#10     Oct 14, 2011