Afghan conflict serious, 'deteriorating'-Mullen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Aug 24, 2009.

1. http://www.reuters.com/article/asiaCrisis/idUSN23121238

"WASHINGTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - The situation in Afghanistan is deteriorating along with U.S. public support for the war, Washington's top military officer said on Sunday as he left open the possibility of another increase in troops.

"I think it is serious and it is deteriorating, and I've said that over the past couple of years -- that the Taliban insurgency has gotten better, more sophisticated," said Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff.

U.S. combat deaths have risen since U.S. President Barack Obama ordered a troop buildup to confront a resurgent Taliban, with a record 44 U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan in July."

While the situation is deteriorating Barack Hussein Obama decided it was time to go vacation at a $35,000 a week retreat.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/obamas-start-vacation-with-tennis-golf-swimming-1.1389854

"Instead, aides said there might be trips for ice cream and
    salt-water taffy, possibly a bike ride and plenty of quiet time at
    the compound that rents for $35,000 a week."

2. Classic Dr. Jerk-Off BS!
    LOL :D

It was perfectly "fine" for your beloved George Bush to take > 500 vacation days during his two-terms while the Iraq War was going on (which comes to 25% of the calendar business days), yet you are bashing Obama for taking a few days off???

Keep posting buddy.
    You are such an entertaining CLOWN. :p

3. I am just keeping it real.

4. How's this for keeping it REAL . . .

Bush was Commander in Chief while we had 150,000 troops in Iraq and Afghanistan . . . but that didn't keep him from racking up > 500 vacation days.

Bush spent 487 days at Camp David alone, with 149 visits there.

He also spent all or part of 490 days at his Crawford Ranch during 77 visits.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/16/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4728085.shtml

And you're giving Obama crap for finally taking some time off after 7 months in office?

Dude, you have quite a "twisted" sense of reality. Either that, or you are quite the HYPOCRITE.
    But then again, WE already knew that! :D

5. Perfect example of ................

........pot

........kettle

........obongo

'nuff said.

6. Hey Landis judging by BO's approval numbers the old blame Bush mantra is dead. You are going to have to come up with a better excuse.

The fact of the matter is BO is on vacation spending $35,000 a grand for a crib in Martha's Vineyard, while American troops are being killed everyday. There is no other way around it. He should aplogize for this arrogance.

7. I fully expect Landis, and all the other libs, to keep us well informed of Cindy Sheehan as she arrives on Martha’s Vineyard tomorrow (Tuesday), to protest against President Barack Obama.

She was a lib hero for protesting against Bush.

I'm guessing their response, as Charles Gibson declared, "enough already".

8. They should include this post in the Oxford English dictionary as the definition of the word 'disingenuous'. There's no better example of what the word means. It boggles the mind that after 8 years of Bush, an extremist right winger could ever have the nerve to make this claim about Obama. Bush spends more time on vacation than he does ruining (sorry, I meant running) the United States; Obama take a weekend off and we get this??

Bizarre, but what else can we expect?

With regard to the situation in Afghanistan, no doubt it is deteriorating. Canadian troops are dying over there as well, and I have been saying for years that this is going to end badly for all concerned. Just ask the Russians how they did over there.

The Afghanistan debacle is just one more in a long list of failures that we can drop off at the doorstep of George Bush's Texas ranch. Obama should pull all troops immediately (something Bush didn't have the balls to do) and make the fight there about targeted assassination of known terrorists. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen, though. I just don't know if he has the will to do something like that.

By the way, troop deaths are increasing over there precisely because the fighters know that there's going to be even more political pressure in the West now that Bush is gone and the 'war on terror' has been revealed to be a bust.

Ooops, I'm sorry, kook-aid drinkers, Did you think Bush's war in Iraq was the reason that there haven't been any more massive terror attacks on US soil? If this is what you think, then you're completely ignorant of the way the Muslim extremists think. These are thousand-year wars for them.

9. It's really just par for the course by a kid that can't hold down a regular job . . . Instead, he and his frail ego ( with assorted ET aliases ) find tremendous satisfaction in posting on a website that very few people ever see, or care about when it comes to Politics.

I guess he thinks that he's the next Joe The Plumber. :D

10. Didn't you hear?

[​IMG]

May 1st, 2003

#10     Aug 24, 2009