Affinity trading group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Messi007, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Messi007

Messi007 Guest

Hi.

Anybody had any experience with this group?... Its seems that they are part of a very opaque company called legend securities. I would like to know more about their reputation in the industry. I would like to hear more about their owners Michael Di Gioia and Anthony Nunez. I saw their live webminar (scalping method) a few weeks back, but Its hard to find more about this compay on google or here on ET.

I would've never tought it was gona be so difficult to find an honest prop company. Looks like 99% are just scams.

2. OGTrader

OGTrader

Affinity looks like an actual decent group. I actually had a conversation with Micheal on the phone a while back ago and he seemed like a very decent guy. They're very lenient with starting traders on good rates (.002 even) and even better when you take their training course. I dont think there are any monthly fees except for if you want to work in-office (Long Island somewhere) and it was like 200 bucks a month.

They have a bunch of videos on youtube and I dont see any problems with them. They even said that they'll back you if you"re in the red for a month (which I guess it pretty standard now-a-days but still a nice gesture).

Seems like a very decent group among scams, would deff try them out. Stay away from CTG or TM Global with BS costs and rates...find more groups like this.

Thanks,
    OGTrader

3. Messi007

Messi007 Guest

Man, thank you very much for your reply. I have actually an "interview" with CTG next week, but to be honest I feel very frustrate every time I have to go to one of this so called props and they treat me like if they're doing me a favor by hiring me. How in heaven they can hire me if I wont receive a salary?. And some of those managers are very arrogants. Anyway, thanks you very much again for you input.

Regards.

BTW: sorry for my limited english.

4. OGTrader

OGTrader

Hahahaha "interview." Trust me, CTG is full of nice people but, they're all money hungry for the wrong reason. Yeah, they provide a smooth running operation but, I can think of 10 other places that do the same and wont cost you nearly as much out-of-pocket monthly. Always read before you sign and never read just one groups offer.

If you're a trader, you should understand risk and risk is exactly what you'll get if you fall into a deal that you wont enjoy and benefit from.

5. Mike Di Gioia has been training for a while. I sat it on one of his classes a few years ago and thought he did a very good job. I recommend you check him out.

I'm not sure OGTrader has much experience. that statement is pretty naive that these "a group among scams". He's probably a shill for some firm coming on to badmouth others. Take advice from the experienced members on the board:

Don Bright
    JC Trading Group
    Maverick
    rmrose
    hitnrun
    EvOTrAdEr

It looks like OGTrader is a shill for a firm competing with WTS. He's hijacked about a dozen threads badmouthing them even without them being mentioned. See the "series 56 tools" thread. Report him if he has nothing to add.

6. OGTrader

OGTrader

Again, I could care less about any competition because I don't have a company to represent.... I'm a trader, not a prop. I will never personally say what company I am with hence, I can't be a shrill.

In response about Michael... again, very nice guy... I'm sure if you send him an e-mail, he'll call you or something to further discuss the firm.