•Ex-Reagan &Harvard Economist Feldstein Detects Risk of Double-Dip Recession in U.S.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I don't know Norman, but I know Stew Gots.

Do you know Stew Gots?

#31     Jul 21, 2009
  2. Exactly what I should expect from a know nothing youngster. Why I waste my time on someone like you a fucking mystery.

(He goes by Norman to friends....of course you wouldn't know that.).

#32     Jul 21, 2009
  3. BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!
    :D

#33     Jul 21, 2009
  4. More and more people talk of the W shaped recovery. I mean, even 2001-2003 had a W shaped recovery of sorts with 2002 being a year of hope and 2003 getting worse.

#34     Jul 21, 2009
  5. You're one cranky, old bastard.

That's one thing everyone agrees on. Tell Norman Stew Gots says hello.

Thanks for getting this thread back OT.

What I find interesting is that more and more relatively conservative (not politically; supply-side types) are talking about the nasty W happening, and oh what a nasty W it will be.

#35     Jul 21, 2009
  6. So why not report the good news, then, with your commentary on why it's marginal? Surely, that would be a more consistent approach?

As to the rest of your post, I actually happen to agree with you, to a certain degree. My only complaint is that by presenting such a biased view of the world, you're not doing your viewpoint any favors.

#36     Jul 22, 2009
  7. Could be, although all the media I pay attention to (mostly the blogosphere, not the mainstream stuff) has been pronouncedly bearish, so I am not hearing a lot of 'green shoots' propaganda, to be honest.

I also think there's worse to come, but I have become painfully aware of 'base effects' and the influence they can have on attitudes.

At any rate, as I mentioned, I am not against BLSH and what he's doing. I just wish he'd be more balanced in presenting "relevant, timely" information, which, purportedly, is his purpose here.

#37     Jul 22, 2009
  8. I agree. This was the case in April/May but I hear way more bearish news than bullish. The "green shoots" fad is over. If anything, we need to post some bullish articles to counter the overly bearish sentiment going on at the moment.

#38     Jul 22, 2009
  9. It would be most constructive.
    Unfortunately, he and his "pea-sized" brain are unable to dissect any article with any kind of insight or depth of economic knowledge.

Just today he posted a Bloomberg article on how CIT is being charged 25 times LIBOR on its loans to save it. Yet, he is so ignorant that he compares a 3-month rate like LIBOR to that of a 3-year loan.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=170864

In fact, he's already posted 24 times today with 90 minutes still left in the trading session. Cut and paste. Cut and paste. Cut and paste.

How absurd.

#39     Jul 22, 2009
  10. Wah! Wah! Wah!!!!!

Look everyone!!! Landis is menstruating or teething again!!!!!

[​IMG]

7000 of her 7300 posts are WHINING WAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Hey Landis, there's an ignore function for a reason, you little, whiny cunt! Use it and STFU for ONCE, okay sweetie?!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

#40     Jul 22, 2009