•Ex-Reagan &Harvard Economist Feldstein Detects Risk of Double-Dip Recession in U.S.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 21, 2009.

1. The good news is marginal at best, and is going to be fleeting.

Marty Feldstein's not infallible, but he's no idiot, by any measure, and he still has his ear in true political insider clubs, as he has access.

Everything the government is doing now to avoid swallowing the medicine may extend a rally or two here or there, but the disproportionate pain it's adding to the already existing, yet to be addressed, financial calamity we are staring directly at is nothing less than a crime against the constituents of this nation.

We'll see how things do when unemployment, even by BLS's BS measure, surpasses 12% - and that's not too far away - which means we'll probably be staring at a real, effective unemployment rate of nearly 20% in the U.S.

Those types of figures would have been thought "impossible" just 2 years ago; never to be seen again in this country.

Don't even get Marty or myself started on the 60 trillion in unfunded liabilities the U.S. has, and the record pace accretion to those obligations by the record deficit spending.

#11     Jul 21, 2009
  2. But, we're inundated with "green shoots" all over the media. His may be the opposing view but, it's still a whisper in the "green shoots" screaming match. I happen to think there's worse to come and I don't want people complaining "why did nobody see this coming?" this time around.

BTW, I'm agnostic to the market in my trading since I'm always ALWAYS delta neutral. So, I'm not speaking as a trader and my trading doesn't change regardless of my views on the market or the economy. Just so you know where I stand.

#12     Jul 21, 2009
  3. Actually, you raise a great point.

I rarely see any bears, anywhere, anymore; at least not on MSM outlets.

Hmmm.

#13     Jul 21, 2009
  4. I'm not engaging in any tactics. I asked a question, which I have a right to do just as you do to post whatever you wish.

Every day I come on here and read your posts - all about rain clouds on the horizon.

And every day it's a bright and sunny day. So I asked if we could expect to see these posts from you every single day all the way up to 1400, or whether you would call it quits on some break in the S+P or DoW.

#14     Jul 21, 2009

5. Your credibility is wanting.

#15     Jul 21, 2009
  6. And yours is blooming?

As for you posting relevant timely information "high and low", please link to the last post you made that was - by any stretch of the imagination - not end of the world.

#16     Jul 21, 2009
  7. You misunderstood my clearly worded statement.

I wrote that I post information "high and low," not that I post "high and low information."

In other words, I post bearish articles and comments when I feel it's/they're significant whether the markets are high, low, or in between.

#17     Jul 21, 2009
  8. Dicks like Feldstein who pull down an academic endowment check every month. They don't scratch out a living from the dirt every month ....month after month.

#18     Jul 21, 2009
  9. I think everyone here can agree that you post bearish articles whenever you find them, period.

#19     Jul 21, 2009
  10. "Dicks like Feldstein..."

His name is Martin.

#20     Jul 21, 2009