Aetna CEO: ObamaCare Will Make Some Health Ins. Premiums Double

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 13, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Health insurance premiums may as much as double for some small businesses and individual buyers in the U.S. when the Affordable Care Act’s major provisions start in 2014, Aetna Inc. (AET)’s chief executive officer said.

While subsidies in the law will shield some people, other consumers who make too much for assistance are in for “premium rate shock,” Mark Bertolini, who runs the third-biggest U.S. health-insurance company, told analysts yesterday at a conference in New York. The prospect has spurred discussion of having Congress delay or phase in parts of the law, he said.

“We’ve shared it all with the people in Washington and I think it’s a big concern,” the CEO said. “We’re going to see some markets go up as much as as 100 percent.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-12/aetna-ceo-sees-obama-health-law-doubling-some-premiums.html

2. jem

jem

now that would really piss me off.

instead of single payer we will have double payers.

3. Not to mention Odumbo and Pelosi's claims about how "Obamacare would save money"...

4. Obama will blame the greedy insurance companies and republicans. If only the rich would pay their fair share, none of this would be necessary.

The same thing is going to happen to utility bills once the EPA gets going after its pre-election hiatus. Bills will double or triple, a small price to pay for pretending to save the planet, even though all our efforts will have zero net effect. Luckily, Obama will be able to blame evil utilities and republicans. And, as an added bonus, he can continue to shower billions on is cronies and supporters through green energy scams.

5. And of course the skyrocketing health care costs and health insurance premium costs of the last 20 years are also Obama's fault.

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Whoa. My utility bills have already doubled in the last 4 years. It might seem a little stupid of me to ask but do you think they are going to double again?

7. So not only do i now have to subsidize other people's health insurance through the 3.8% surcharge i would be paying on cap gains but will also have to pay even higher premiums myself. Sad to say but I am starting to hope the economy implodes and Washington burns to the ground in civil unrest.

8. Yes it was stupid of you to ask, geez oo7. Finally we agree on something !!! :p

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Between the two of us one guy spent his career with a shovel in his hand in proximity to the aroma of an asphalt truck and the other spend his career in front of a spectrum analyzer in Cocoa Beach.

Even you can figure out which guy isn't too bright bigarrow.

Somebody has got to build the roads and somebody has got to launch the satellites. I know which I prefer. :D

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The majority voted for this. Whatever happens I think the majority will deserve it.

A few states have unsustainable budgets, California for one. If it is allowed to continue on its present course it will implode economically and fail spectacularly. I'm convinced, however, that Obama will bail out the failing states with federal funds. The question is whether or not people in fiscally responsible states will put up with having their tax money spent to prop up marxist-leftists states like California.

#10     Dec 13, 2012