ADX Rank

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Hello,

I thought I would keep a Journal posting my "Actual Trades" of Equities with A FOLIO TYPE OF BROKER USING WINDOW TRADES and using a system I designed using some known tools I enjoy to trade with. The commission does not matter with this type of trading as it is fixed, so I will post my trades in $20.00 units. Just multiply for YOUR trading amount. Money management will be achieved through equal amounts of entries in each equity a trading-day apart while keeping an eye on NOT getting overweighted in one sector. I started trading this for real on Wednesday 04/02/04 and I will post those past trades (3 trades) after this thread gets opened.

I don't know how long I will post the trades. If I enjoy it and it does not become a chore then I will continue. I will try to hold my posts to the trades, to avoid sending numerous nonsensical emails to subscribers of the thread, if there are any.

To make it easy I will go "LONG" only with one selection per evening for a window trade around 10:00 am the following trading morning. The stock that is selected, represents the highest average value in my ranking routine, that I run each evening. RANKING TOOL I know the more experienced daytraders will not find this thread useful and going long only will not interest most.

As far as "trade-management", I will exit the following trading morning at around 10:00 am as soon as the directional system signals an exit after the close the previous evening. Fixed stops and targets will not be used and the indicator will take us out exclusively. I use a free charting program.CHARTS The parameters I use is a 22 period directional movement indicator (DMI) on a daily chart. Sometimes I glance at a "price envelope" and a "time series forecast" indicator but you do not need to that often.

This is a system for a part time evening trader holding down a job during the trading day and not a pin-point accuracy trading system going long and short

2. DNA (enter long at about 1/2 hr. after open on Monday)

Michael B.

P.S. Attached below you will see the spreadsheet of the past 3 trades

P.S.S. BELOW IS HOW I CAN VERIFY IF THE TRADES ARE REAL AND IF YOU WISH I CAN ADD ANYONE WHO WISHES TO SEE MY ACCOUNT.

View Only Access
    What is View Only Access?

BUYandHOLD allows others to have View Only Access to your BUYandHOLD account. This feature at BUYandHOLD allows you to invite people to see the Balance and Holdings and Transaction History areas of your account. People that you invite to view your account can only observe the activity. They cannot buy, sell, or alter your account in any way.

To invite someone to have view only access to your BUYandHOLD account, simply do the following:

Login to your account at: http://www.buyandhold.com
    Click "VIEW."
    Click "VIEW ONLY ACCESS," under Additional Features.
    Click "INVITE NEW PARTICIPANTS."
    Fill out the form and click Send Invitation.

To view or revoke a current invitation, simply do the following:

Click "VIEW."
    Click "VIEW ONLY ACCESS," under Additional Features.
    Click "VIEW/REVOKE CURRENT INVITATIONS."
    The list shown on the following page are the people to whom you sent an invitation to, but have not yet created a username to view your account.
    You can select any invitation here and click "REVOKE SELECTED."

To remove a current participant, simply do the following:

Click "VIEW."
    Click "VIEW ONLY ACCESS," under Additional features.
    Click "REMOVE CURRENT PARTICIPANTS."
    The list shown on the following page are the people to whom you sent an invitation.
    You can select any invitation here, and click "REMOVE."

3. COP

No exits

Please note more statistically informative spreadsheet attachment, with money management parameters

4. Entries
    HDI

Exits
    None

Michael B.

P.S. See attached for further stastistical spreadsheet improvements and actual execution prices.

5. Buy
    EQTY

Sell
    DNA

Michael B.

6. Buy
    FL

Sell
    None

Michael B.

P.S. we sold DNA for a loss of $2.94/share at $108.44

7. Buy
    APA

Sell
    None

Michael B.

8. Buy
    KMT

Sell
    None

Michael B.

9. Buy
    BKST

Sell
    None

Michael B.

10. Buy
    DNA

Sell
    None

Michael B.

P.S. We are trying DNA again. We are trying to get enough forward direction so by the time the ADX/+dmi/-dmi signals an exit we can escape with some profit. DNA is #1 on the ranking list tonight.

#10     Apr 21, 2004