Advisory Services?

Discussion in 'Options' started by tj1320, Mar 23, 2006.

1. They do keep pretty tight stops on their options alerts. I've entered into 6 of their positions in the two trading days I've been papertrading them. 2 out of 6 times, I've been stopped out at a loss. One of their picks, is up over 90% in less than a week.

tj, if you were to trade their option picks, would you not use their recommended stops? Would you just let each pick run in either direction and sell a week before expiration?

#51     Dec 3, 2006
  2. tj1320

tj1320

I damn sure wouldn't use their stop loss strategy. What I would do is spread my money out into several of their positions and possibly use stop loss orders of 50% or higher to avoid getting stopped out immediately. Some of their picks REALLY take off like you said but every now and then one will tank. Since we had a 42-8 paper trading record while following their free emails, I would spread my money out into probably 6 or 7 picks at a time (or more) with stop loss orders of 50% or so. Then I would sit back and watch them on a daily basis and when I got a good gain I would sell. IOW, If I purchased one of their picks at $1.50, I would place my stop loss AT LEAST at $.75 or lower and then watch it closely. If it takes off, let it take off, but don't get too greedy. My $.02

#52     Dec 3, 2006
  3. any update on this service Sarah?

#53     Jan 6, 2007
  4. Yes, here's a quick update for you... Out of 25 alerted trades in the span of three weeks, only 3 came out positive. Some positions are still lingering on the negative side, but have yet to stop out--quite disappointing and discouraging. No wonder they haven't updated their performance since November 2005. I don't see how these guys can get those stellar results posted on their site from the way their system works.

#54     Jan 7, 2007
  5. Thnaks Sarah...check your pm's.

#55     Jan 7, 2007