Advisory Services?

Discussion in 'Options' started by tj1320, Mar 23, 2006.

1. There is a third...to consistently make a profit year after year by NOT getting greedy:p by hedging your risk and managing your trades in a businesslike manner.

#31     May 25, 2006
  2. curt1229

curt1229

YUP
    Here it is:

*: 5 of the 6 best intermarket trades were in one year (1997), including an extraordinary gain of $30,000 in just one spread, which may make the results look "too good"

#32     Jun 20, 2006
  3. jevers29

jevers29

...and he's got a really crappy-looking website. Ugh! Tone down that yellow, Larry!

One thing I've got to say about all these advisors: they seem better at marketing themselves than wowing people with their amazing returns.

#33     Jun 21, 2006
  4. My advice - stay way from bigtrends.com.

I bought their 'premium' package and got a whole bunch of junk. Price Headley and his team talk a good game and they need to, but their analysis is terrible.

STAY AWAY FROM WWW.BIGTRENDS.COM ! ! !

#34     Jun 22, 2006
  5. greg100

greg100

Has anyone else tried Wicked Profits?

They seem reasonable. I mean by this their annual returns seem reasonable. They are in the range of 26% to 48% for the last several years.

I have been subscribing to them for a short period of time now and so far have made money.

#35     Jun 22, 2006
  6. Can you keep us posted on how you do with WP?

How (and what) did they do during the recent market downturn? Do they only trade index options?

#36     Jun 22, 2006
  7. greg100

greg100

I have only one trade with WP. So not much experience yet. I believe all they do is credit spreads on the indexes.

The trade I had was a June credit spread on the OEX. I made 0.50 on the trade. All though I got in a week late and others reported making between 0.70 and 1.00. The trade was close because of the market down turn, but ended on expiration date with the full profit.

I like WP because I believe they are honest in reporting their past results. I think this is the big problem with a lot of advisory services. They report hypothetical results from before they were in business, and then when they go into business their results don't even come close to matching the former.

I have tried about 10 different services in the past year. Mostly as a hobby. Most of them do not measure up to what they claim.

I would be happy to privately mail my experience with the various services I have tried to anyone who has interest.

However, since I have so far had a positive experience with WP I feel comfortable posting here about them.

After the July trade is closed with WP I will post out the results. All though you can probably check their web site to see the result for yourself.

#37     Jun 22, 2006
  8. sorry...

late to the thread anybody need to be banned or anything...

haven't canned someone in ages...:D

#38     Jun 22, 2006
  9. greg100

greg100

Sorry.

I will not post anymore.

Thanks.

#39     Jun 22, 2006
  10. One problem with WP is they only have one trade per month.

That's horrible from a money management point of view. Either you risk way too much on the one trade, or your position is so small it's not worth it.

#40     Jun 25, 2006