Advisory Services

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by maggandre, May 13, 2003.

1. The link didn't work because there was a period '.' in it. I took it out. Try it now.

As for the scam artist part, I resent that. And as for the outrageous claims/results, we have our signals tracked by an independent tracking service.

You actually might find the tracking service useful: www.timertrac.com

They track market timers and then they actually run the systems for the developers who have been with them a while. Timertrac is a nice service, relatively inexpensive (you get charged a management fee plus whatever the system developer's cost to run the system(s) on your account) and you can jump into and out of systems at your leisure.

You could also try one of the following brokers that trade systems for their clients.

www.striker.com
    www.attaincapital.com
    www.zapfutures.com
    www.lind-waldock.com

Each of the above does system trading, i.e. stocks and/or futures using systems developed by independent vendors. They are good places to go because they can provide real time track results for a lot of different systems including i-master, aztec, compass, the LTS group of systems and so on.

Best,
    panther

#11     May 13, 2003
  2. You need to re-read my post. I did not say you were a scam artist - I only said the link did not work.

Thanks

#12     May 13, 2003
  3. Doug Kass on realmoney pro has been on fire lately. It isn't too pricey either at only 350 a month I think. The guys at insiderinsights.com are doing pretty well too.

I use both services, and they are well worth it.

#13     May 13, 2003
  4. Thanks - I have actually heard bad things about RealMoney Pro - not specifically Doug Kass - but RMP in particular being too pricey and not anywhere near worth it.

Do you know if Kass has a track record he posts?

#14     May 13, 2003
  5. Gary Smith on TheStreet.com used to mention a couple of "market timers" he recommended...I do not remember them, but you can probably search the archives. I seem to remember they had been around for 10+ years, with returns between 10-20%.

Good luck

#15     May 13, 2003
  6. I don't know, but I'd say that my fund makes 5-20k a month in trades off mainly RM pro, mostly kass, greenberg, eavis, and willard has been really hot lately.

I have done about that for a year previously in my own account also.

There are a lot of good guys.

#16     May 13, 2003
  7. http://www.stockpickssystem.com

use this together with

https://www.foliofn.com

Now I have never used these services and I am not recommending them....it just seemed to match your request...i personally am a Futures Specualtor in the ES and do not trade anything like this.

Michael B.

#17     May 13, 2003
  8. Thanks KG - you make a good point. Maybe I should also ask about market timing services.

#18     May 13, 2003
  9. rrs456

rrs456

Hi maggandre,

You may want to look at www.HotStix.com. I have used their services in the recent past and found them to be good. A complete listing of all their trade recommendations are available to you once you become a subscriber. If you wish to see their track record before subscribing to their services you may want to send them a email message. Disclaimer: I am not in any way associated with this company). They offer exactly what you are looking for.

Currently, I manage my own money through an assortment of techniques and methods. Ultimately, you may come to realize that in the long run the best solution to your problem of capital preservation and growth is you learning the art and science of money management and taking this as a second profession. Even though initially it may seem a daunting task, with perseverance and patience and help from sites like the ET and members like MargoTrader you will achieve your goal. Search ET with MargoTrader as your key word and you will see the value of her contributions to a community of traders and investors who make up ET. You should certainly take up Margo's offer and learn as much as you can from members like her.

Learning money management is like any other serious learning exercise -- it requires patience, commitment and the realization that it is a life long process. This is what I have learnt from my own experience. It is OK to use an advisory service initially. In the long run it is better not to become dependent on one source of advice for your success -- in my humble opinion.

With best wishes,

Rama.

#19     May 13, 2003
  10. rrs456

rrs456

Hi maggandre,

You may want to look at www.HotStix.com. I have used their services in the recent past and found them to be good. A complete listing of all their trade recommendations are available to you once you become a subscriber. If you wish to see their track record before subscribing to their services you may want to send them a email message. Disclaimer: I am not in any way associated with this company). They offer exactly what you are looking for.

Currently, I manage my own money through an assortment of techniques and methods. Ultimately, you may come to realize that in the long run the best solution to your problem of capital preservation and growth is you learning the art and science of money management and taking this as a second profession. Even though initially it may seem a daunting task, with perseverance and patience and help from sites like the ET and members like MargoTrader you will achieve your goal. Search ET with MargoTrader as your key word and you will see the value of her contributions to a community of traders and investors who make up ET. You should certainly take up Margo's offer and learn as much as you can from members like her.

Learning money management is like any other serious learning exercise -- it requires patience, commitment and the realization that it is a life long process. This is what I have learnt from my own experience. It is OK to use an advisory service initially. In the long run it is better not to become dependent on one source of advice for your success -- in my humble opinion.

With best wishes,

Rama.

#20     May 13, 2003