Advisors who use IB

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by traderaaa, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM

Last message was posted long time ago, so things look little different now.

Typical fees for CTA program are management fee and incentive (off profit) fee. It is common that at the start CTA offers "zero deal" i.e. incentive fee only. Once your performance record grows you progressively turn into typical fee structure.

#11     Oct 26, 2009
  2. Aaron

Aaron

I'm happy with IB's FA accounts. One small wish... The subaccount market data fees get charged to the master account. I wish there was the ability to allocate these back to the subaccount. Because you can't transfer funds from a subaccount to a master account we have to do a circuitous reimbursement outside of IB.

Good trading,
    Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#12     Oct 26, 2009
  3. ChrisM

ChrisM

Aaron, good to hear from you back again.

#13     Oct 26, 2009
  4. I use them for multiple clients on a professional basis, meaning no friends and family account.

The only downside is opening a sub-account. Count on it taking about 2 months. IB is overswamped and they do quite a few checks for the legality of the money.

Outside of that, brilliant...

#14     Oct 26, 2009
  5. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, Chris!

#15     Oct 26, 2009
  6. Hi, Aaron:

Welcome back.

According to http://www.iasg.com Schindler Trading UP 40.71% year to end of September, 2009.

This is outstanding.

Congratulations, Aaron.

#16     Oct 26, 2009
  7. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, 88!

It's funny how it took a 43% gain in '09 to make back the 30% loss of '08! I'll be happy not to have a repeat of '08 anytime soon.

#17     Oct 26, 2009
  8. JACKASS

JACKASS

Aaron

re mkt data
    just wondering y not have the sub a/c 's unsub from mkt data ?
    after all ur/master's the only one taking the decisions

#18     Oct 31, 2009
  9. lindq

lindq

Because IB simply requires a master account to be funded with at least minimal dollars to cover any subscription fees for subaccounts. They own the sandbox and can make the rules as they see fit.

I suspect their reasoning is that they don't want to deal with having to collect subscription fees from every account, but only from the master account holder.

#19     Oct 31, 2009