Advised needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kooki, Jun 29, 2006.

1. kooki

kooki Guest

Can anyone please advise me what system configuration I should go for to use for 1. charting 2. Trading.

Question is should I mix the charts with trading using same cpu.

I am considering 6 screens. But not sure if I need a work station or just home pc cpu.

2. Can anyone please advise me what system configuration I should go for to use for 1. charting 2. Trading.
    xp pro, 1k ram, P4 or Athlon, use 3 dual Matrox video cards for your six 19" LCD'S and broadband

Question is should I mix the charts with trading using same cpu.
    No, and do not surf, also use McAffee Virus protection

I am considering 6 screens. But not sure if I need a work station or just home pc cpu.
    One of the computers should really be on DSL and the other should be on cable. You need one screen for the trading platform on one computer, use the other computer for your charts and you will need the screen real estate there.

3. You also need a good battery back up. I use the same desktop for charting and trading and have no problem. It is good to use a seperate one so you have a back up computer. If you use the same one bump the RAM to 1.5 gig or even 2 gig of ram, 1 gig of ram is $100, not much. Get cable, most likely better than DSL. If you aren't going to have a redundant broadband, than atleast have broker you can reach fast, if you have an outage. Have their number programmed into speed dial or keep it posted to the top of your screen like I do. Haven't need it yet, but when you do you need quick access. A little more than you asked for, hope it helps. :)