Advice To New Traders: from other Elite Trader members

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hii a_ooiioo_a, Apr 15, 2003.

1. This thread is meant to assemble the advice from Elite Traders in response to the many new traders who have posted threads asking for advice on getting started. Hopefully new traders may be able to look through here and find some answers to the questions that might be on their minds, without having to start a whole new thread that will invoke all the same responses from other Elite Traders.

To keep it concise and on-topic, this thread will be read-only. If you have a thread or specific post that you think should be included in this thread, please send it to me hii a_ooiioo_a in a private message, so I can then post it here. If you try to post it here yourself it may get deleted by the moderator, as I am requesting that this thread be "closed" to keep it read-only. Thanks! :)

2. Let me know when you want it locked and send me a PM if you need it reopened.

3. Thanks! If other people would want to actually simply contribute to this in the same way, it wouldn't even need to be closed. It seems a bit harder to find these "advice to newbie" threads than I had thought it would be.

4. there is a thread on the "Elite Trader of Yore"....

I think we can close that thread now, because this new thread reinstantiates the Elite Trader of Now....

this continues to be the best website, and I wish I had learned of it years before I did...

to have other well meaning successful, moderately successful, and not successful traders contribute to the "knowledge base" is the best thing possible, and especially for new traders....