Advice to Beginners!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Trader3993, Jan 3, 2012.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

You were sayin'

Maybe you might want to clarify that.

#11     Jan 10, 2012
  2. Sure.

The book has about 10 or 12 chapters each of which features a common mistake made by publishers.

They read a chapter a day and cut and pasted clippings from contemporary news.

Check out the "gee whiz" graphs in your financial news sections of publications.

Regarding your fascination with the students being supported sufficiently to be able to make money trading stocks, just imagine yourself surrounded by all others who are doing well position trading (look it up somewhere). What would be you scholastic attitude and performance? would you screw it all up in front of your peers?

If you think you would, then you would have been an exception. there is not much chance you would screw it up. after all you could just fake it by copying your homework and pretend you figured out the trades.

After a while you would probably not go to the trouble of screwing off since the copying off others would be a drill that you could learn to do on your own after a while.

your current frame of mind is a "shortcut" orientation. Haven't you always ID'ed with others who do not do the work and fake it?

kids come in all sizes in private schools and they easily recognize that their parents are rich. They are impelled to duplicate their [arent's wealth one way or another.

So they do bring up at home that they are making money. thier parents really get interested since they do know how to make money. the common thing that parents notice is that making 10% out of 20% in position trading is not something they learned in school or college or anywhere.

sometimes the parents get their financial planners involved. what do you think happens? copy catting is what happens.

Have you ever taught your parents something. Can you imagine mthers dropping into class?

Probably none of this is familiar to you as a possibility.

The S&P brokarage support service came as a resuolt of an open house.

Soon after I arrived a one school I got and invitation to speak at a local brokerage office the last Thursday of every month. I always got Q's on how the kids were succeeding. No one at the brokerage house was like you. Why would they feel as you do?

Think about just why it never occurred to you to ask what was the most difficult part for a 16yo. lol......

#12     Jan 10, 2012
  3. The most difficult part was pencilling in the values everyday. It was necessary for a person to learn that understanding markets is a daily process in position trading. It is not done just on weekends. The trade is missed and the prior work can be wasted.

When it comes to making money, kids do not waste time.

today is a different world than the 60's and 70's.

Today everything is "Now".

Listen to Solo red cup a few times. It is straight red neck at the top of the charts.

#13     Jan 10, 2012
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Forget I even asked because it is obvious clarify things is the last thing you want to do.

#14     Jan 10, 2012
  5. I have built up a strategy, as I Learn from constant research I modify this strategy. I have a evening job, and spend my free time looking for strong growth stocks, while studying indicators and strategies. Are there any other suggestions from those who are career traders? Would I be better off swing trading due to my minimal funds? Opinions on over night holds? I know that strays away from the definition of day trading, but as I continue my trading experience I see a lot of missed profits in good strong trending stocks, does this pose to much risk from reversals?

THanks for the continued positivity!

Happy trading

#15     Jan 10, 2012
  6. Make a short list of 10 to 15 stocks that others (experts) have classed as 250% gainers for each of the next three years.

Go back year by year and look at the idenditcal criteria lists constructed for each of the last 10 years.

This is a CW warm up drill.

Also read WJO'N's bio for his first 27 months where he started with 500 bucks and 27 months later started a newspaper (IBD) to compete with the WSJ.

Sort of get acquainted with how markets work and how all the myths you believe really do not fit in.

Think about the contradiction of looking for stongly trending stocks you want to day trade.

#16     Jan 11, 2012
  7. I decided to go ahead with the over night hold due to the strong up trend. AUM on the TSX. So far as of 12 I am up 12.44% today. Any advice, should I stick with this a few more days and see if the trend continues, or reap the profits, and take the safe bet? THX

Happy Trading

#17     Jan 12, 2012
  8. Don't quit your day job.

#18     Jan 12, 2012
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

The safe bet is to manage the trade according to your trading plan.

#19     Jan 12, 2012
  10. ya ya ya, you ve got 5 grader kiddies running around making 3X atr on ES but your protege instead of showing how to trade price volume relationship talked 6 hours about pictures of fucking stiches and such. If it smells of shit it probably is. Simplest rule ever when it comes to trading advice.

#20     Jan 12, 2012