Advice to Beginners!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ParkTrade, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ParkTrade

ParkTrade

Hi all,

I am a University student and have become fairly fascinated with charts and the ability to see where a company is heading purely based on the charts and other indicators, indicative of the news (for the most part). The lack of success a degree will take you in a career has also pushed me to want to learn more about trading.

I created an account with my bank, (scotiabank), to get a feel for the markets. Now that I have learnt from my mistakes, and have upgraded to the flightdesk platform to hopefully continue my education of trading. I am not sure how I feel about this platform; I do my trading from a laptop. I realize this is not the most effective method but I am short on cash at the moment and have to deal with it.

I have been following forums on ET for a fair amount of time now and am hoping to get some positive feedback, but also know sometimes that is hard to attain on these forms, especially for newbs. So any experienced traders who have any positive advice? And any comments on the flightdesk platform? I like the ease of trading with my bank, but is that not enough to keep with them?

Thanks you in advance for your advice and comments!