Advice to a newbie

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Dr. Trader, Apr 22, 2004.

1. BSAM

BSAM

My, we seem to have drifted off topic a little. Like, pages 4 thru 12!! Moderator, can you possibly eliminate everything here, after Grob's post on page 4?

Thanks.

P.S.--Can you ban Spitfire?

#51     Apr 23, 2004
  2. I picked as many weeds as I have time for right now... I am trading and will look more closely a little later.

Thanks.

#52     Apr 23, 2004
  3. Try the first 2 market wizards books along with Reminicieses of a stock operator (I can't spell either). Those three more than anything else I have read have helped the most.

#53     Apr 23, 2004
  4. Steve 44

if it makes you feel better to believe that others are not sucessful in order to make your own very dim light seem brighter so be it.

As for banning me, oh goodness.

#54     Apr 24, 2004
  5. Hello:
    In this very dim light I can barely make out my name. Could you add two more digits please. Thanks, Steve46

#55     Apr 24, 2004
  6. ====================================
    Caplan8293;

Excellant points on MBA paperwork;
    not bragging but i have ALL 3 Jack Schwagers top traders books
    in my library
    & most of that stuff in me.:cool:

#56     May 5, 2004
  7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer

It has been my experience that those seeking an MBA to serve as a catalyst for changing their lives, anticipating moving into bold new directions as soon as they can hang those three letters on their wall, are sorely misguided and typically disappointed at the outcome.

Those, however, who are in an industry where they bump their heads against the top of their capacity for upward mobility, and seek an MBA in order to further themselves in the same career are the ones who are more successful as a result of receiving the degree.

One other thing, about jealousy of those who have more education than they. If it's not one thing, it's another. Better education, better job, better wife, better car.

Work on yourselves, people. It's the petty jealousy and unhappiness with your own lot that leads to emotional trading.

ot

#57     May 5, 2004

8. You forgot better dog

#58     May 5, 2004
  9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer

>>You forgot better dog<<

I thought it was implied. It's always the first thing to covet.

ot

#59     May 5, 2004
  10. Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Trading futures with $2,000 shows that he's insane.

Throwing the computer out the window shows that he was sane.

In other words, they called him insane for the only sane act in that scenario.

Ironical, ain't it?

ot

#60     May 5, 2004