Advice, Recommended Reading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HurricaneDitka, Mar 5, 2006.

1. I will be graduating this year and want to get in with a trading firm in Chicago. I will have a major in econ, minor in finance. I went to a lesser known university in Michigan and unfortunately my school didn't offer any courses focusing on derivatives, just a few chapters here in there in my finance classes. After I started researching trading as a career, I realized very quickly it was for me. I have the hunger and determination to learn and am eager to jump in with both feet.

What I am looking for now is any quality advice I can get that could help me land a job, and or, shorten my learning curve, books to read, etc.

I would greatly appreciate any helpful advice as I take the next step.

2. -Pit Bull
    -Market Wizards series
    -The Logical Trader
    -Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
    -Trading in the Zone (most important in my opinion)

All the above are books that I think are essential to any trader.

What do you plan on trading?

3. ess1096

ess1096

May I add "The Stock Trader", by Tony Oz.
    It's out of print but you can find it online for about $100

4. tyrant

tyrant

5. tyrant

tyrant

6. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator-Although old, still one of the best for tape reading techniques.......

7. Wow, are you a vendor for these books? Seriously, that's a pretty dam good website, with reviews and all. Not bad.

8. Thanks for the quick feedback.

I am looking to get into currency, index futures

9. Well, you could do far worse than spend at least a few weeks actively exploring this very message board. Just keep your BS radar on (you'll refine it as you go along) and it'll be time very well spent.

Incidentally, how come the OP's handle still shows "Posts: 1", instead of 2? Has ET's acclaimed, sophisticated, post-counting technology sufferered a breakdown?

10. noticed the laggin' on many occasions when new members started a thread and kept postin'.
    bugs me :confused:

#10     Mar 6, 2006