advice please on real time news service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gpstrade, Dec 7, 2007.

1. gpstrade

gpstrade

I am looking for a better new service then yahoo, I am checking into Dow Jones Newswires. I would appreciate any advice. I trade the NYSE and the Nasdaq markets.
    Thanks

2. IB give it to free. I use TA, so I never use it.

3. Briefing.com

4. Briefing.com Platinum or Trader.

5. The Platinum package seems to have a lot of things that you can get free, like calenders, Same Store sales and market commentaries, and a lot of things that people with experience wouldn't need, like an explanation of key technical levels. I'm not saying it's a bad service, just an observation. The 'Live in Play' feature is the type of thing that I'm looking for - live calls on stocks that are set up to move today.

Any other suggestions out there?

6. gpstrade

gpstrade

Thanks for all your input, here is my problem. I enter a stock early in the morning and the stock has no news on Briefing.com, Google or Yahoo finance. Then 30 minute later the stock has bad news that is now posted on yahoo that has a time stamp from another service 2 hours earlier. It is like Yahoo holds it before they post the news. Any help is greatly appreciated. take care

7. I'm currently on a trial of the Trader service from Briefing.com and find it to be quite useful for real time calls on stocks and market moving events. They also have in-house traders who post trades (mostly intra-day trades and some short term swings). I would like to see a track record, but so far have not come across any such info on how the trades they post have performed over time.

I know the Trader service is $350 a month if you sign up for a monthly subscription, which is certainly not cheap. I would certainly like to know of alternatives to Briefing.com for real time news on equities and market moving events. What other news services do y'all use?