advice on selling a strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vladiator, Aug 14, 2002.

1. the first thing you have to do is prove it works with actual money.backtested systems are a dime a dozen.

#21     Aug 15, 2002
  2. 1st: Rent a fantasy car and take your picture with it

2nd: Hire a Playboy model and take your picture with her

3rd: Program some voice alerts that say "buy here" and "sell here" and add the proper colored lights to signal the trades

4th: Hire an infomercial co. to promote your software to old folks

5th: By placing tiny little ads in news papers around the country, you could become rich

6th: Never do actual back testing with your product, always use hypothetical trades, and make sure your rates of return or your performance values never add up

I think you should forward me a copy, just to make sure it's lagit

#22     Aug 15, 2002
  3. Mighty generous of you sellingrich. When you have finished your results, please feel free to send them and the system to me and I will check your work.

#23     Aug 15, 2002
  4. Don't you usually have to guarantee that you (or anyone else, beside the buyer) will not be trading it? I mean if you wanna sell it for some real $$ to, say, some hedge fund? I wouldn't pay much for anything (even if it works) if others will know about it and could do it... I assumed I'd have to give up any rights to it once I sell it. Was that a wrong assumption???

#24     Aug 20, 2002
  5. Who said it wasn't? I started out the string with that.

#25     Aug 20, 2002
  6. Thanks guys. How about I PM you a bank account number and once you transfer... say about a million or so, I'll forward you a copy, so you can "check my work" :cool: LOL.

#26     Aug 20, 2002
  7. Just curious, what school did you go to? (B-school?)

#27     Aug 20, 2002
  8. I'd love to answer that one, but then you (or someone else) can try to look me up on the web, search for papers etc etc - that's too much info to release here :cool:
    Don't misunderstand me, you might have been simply curious, but... I'll answer you when I arbitrage away all the profits and there's no $ to be made off of the strategy :)

#28     Aug 20, 2002
  9. You might let "Futures Truth" check it out for you. There's
    probably a way you can keep the method confidential while
    they test it in real-time.

They're a fairly well respected company that rates several
    systems.

If it gets up there in the top 10, I'm sure you can sell
    quite a few copys.

www.futurestruth.com

#29     Aug 20, 2002
  10. Thanks, Breakout, I'll check them out.

#30     Aug 20, 2002