advice on option analyzer

Discussion in 'Options' started by Baozi, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Baozi

Baozi

Hi all,

I have one quick question: anybody can recommend a (hopefully)free option analyzer tool? Either online or as a standalone program.

NOTE: I am not trading US markets so I'm not looking for the platforms offered by the various brokerages, just simply the analyzer where I can input parameters for vanilla options.

I am currently using one at optioncreator.com, however the biggest issue I have is modeling for different expiration dates really leads to some messed up results. I am especially trying to reliably model calendars/diagonals.

2. tommcginnis likes this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

You don't need those option analyzer programs. They are not that useful anyway. Just get an Excel spreadsheet and start plotting numbers. Options is all about spread, two numbers, that's all you need to do all the analysis that you want.

4. Felix168

Felix168

I am the maintainer of TuringTrader, an open-source backtesting engine. I designed TuringTrader specifically with options in mind, and it can model complex strategies and their adjustments. It comes with full documentation and many sample strategies.

As a showcase, I have implemented Aeromir's Parking Trade, and there is also a YouTube video walking through that code. Have a look at this blog post:
    https://www.turingtrader.org/2019/02/new-showcase-strategy-parking-trade/

Cheers, Felix

tommcginnis likes this.