Advice on New Desktop + TV as a Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zghorner, Feb 6, 2021.

1. zghorner

zghorner

Please forgive my lack of techiness...I would really appreciate some input.

The new computer will be used almost exclusively for trading and light internet browsing/researching...NO gaming.

I was thinking that 16GM RAM should be sufficient, other than that and maybe an HDMI port, what else should I look for?

As for the TV...I know that for a long time this was a no go but it is my understanding that modern TVs can work fine as a monitor as long as they are not being used for gaming purposes? Im really dead set on using about a 50" TV...Do any of you do this with success? Any issues with blurriness on fine lines? I plan on getting a 4K ultra but if it wont work with charts then i will have to cough up the money on a monitor setup.

thanks.

2. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

It doesn't matter. You're not watching a high quality movie. Charts aren't even 8 bit graphics.

Any screen and any tv is fine

3. Samsung 32"

zghorner likes this.
  4. zghorner

zghorner

you think that is enough if it is the only screen being used?

5. zdreg

zdreg

It is overkill if you ask this question.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Size depends on how far away you are, 32" 1080p is going to be very pixel's unless your far enough away and you'll get a bad kneck up close looking for side to side.

Bigger and further away, might help if you've need reading classes.

zghorner likes this.
  7. terr

terr

I used to use two 32" 1080 Spectre TVs - they have a "pixel for pixel" mode for VGA and and it looks pretty good. And at something like $120 each the price is hard to beat.

Turveyd and zdreg like this.
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Look into them want further away for aging eyes

9. terr

terr

zghorner likes this.
  10. zghorner

zghorner

#10     Feb 7, 2021