Advice on getting my foot in the door.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bruins72, Sep 14, 2005.

1. bruins72

bruins72

I am looking to get my foot in the door of the futures industry.
    Hopefully becoming a Broker. I am in Chicago, so I am in the right
    place. I am not a delusional fresh grad that thinks someone is going to give me their money to trade and make millions. I am 32 and realizethis is an industry you have to pay your dues, learn and grow. I have a long successful background in sales. I am going to sit for the S3 shortly to make myself more appealing to a firm.

My question is what type of position should I shot for; to start learning? Phone clerk, Equity Raiser? I realize I will have to make some sacrifices for awhile, but what can I expect and which position will allow me to buy groceries as I learn and progress. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. iza

iza

Start by sending your CV to the big boys like Refco..Man..Goldmans etc. They do look at all cv's and it only takes one post to come up for you to fill..so spam them all. Do you know anyone in the industry?

3. RachelM

RachelM Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

Hi Bruins72,

You are definately in the right location. Just a suggestion, I think the best way to get started is to work beside an established broker. You could apply for an assistant position and make calls, etc. Then you would be getting the hands on experience to prepare yourself for brokering.

4. dont get it stuck.