Advice on car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Nov 21, 2005.

Which Car?

1. New PT Cruiser

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Jeep Liberty

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both suck - suggest car

52 vote(s)
    83.9%

1. average for a 70 year old, perhaps.

you would be roadkill here if you "rarely drive above 65"

:D :eek::p

#121     Aug 28, 2006
  2. nitro

nitro

Fuel efficiency crashed in winter. Averaging about 14.7. That's 5 MPG worse than I used to get!!!! That really sucks. But outside of the fact that mileage per gallon goes down in winter, most of my driving now is city driving and almost no highway driving, whereas before, it was the other way around.

I am convinced that Nissan is far far behind both Toyota and Honda on fuel efficient cars.

Next posting will be during summer where I hope that mileage will go up again, and then at end of summer. Then I have enough data points...

nitro :(

#122     Mar 30, 2007
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Perhaps you'd be happier with a Dodge Nitro. ;-)

#123     Mar 30, 2007
  4. nitro

nitro

Sorry, the correct number is 15.7, or 4 MPG worse.

nitro

#124     Mar 31, 2007
  5. nitro

nitro

I would be happiest with a motorcycle. But Chicago weather rules that out 260 days a year.

Otherwise, I think that my next car is something super efficient. I don't drive that much now that I take the train to work everyday. 90% of my driving is on weekends, so my total miles per year is something like 5K miles.

I just think it is interesting how, in terms of fuel efficiency, Honda and Toyota is ahead of Nissan.

nitro

#125     Mar 31, 2007
  6. Chicago is good for a VW Rabbit.
    Great car.

#126     Mar 31, 2007
  7. nitro

nitro

#127     Mar 31, 2007
  8. #128     Mar 31, 2007
  9. nitro

nitro

I have seen plenty, but they all look a bit faggy to me. That said, I know how these people feel being branded based on clothes they wear, or the music they listen to, or the sport they like, car they drive, etc:

I recently rented the film "A Good Year" starring Russell Crowe. I thought the movie is ok and was enjoying watching it. At one point in the film, his real estate agent asks what he is going to do that evening, including finding a bridge game, to which the Russel Crowe character blurts out that "...real men don't play bridge". I literally said Fuck You at the tv. Poker is a game that is typically thought of as a "mans game" whatever the fuck that means. Poker is to Bridge like Checkers is to Chess. Does that mean that "real" men only play games for cretins?

Where I draw the line is watching homos go at it like in the movie "Brokeback Mountain" AAhhhaahahhahaha :D

nitro

#129     Mar 31, 2007