advice on automated trading tools

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by taylor al, Sep 23, 2005.

1. larstbone

larstbone

If possible, would you provide names of such open source products. Sure would be nice to find something like this in the dotnet world.

#11     Sep 27, 2005
  2. jason_l

jason_l

That rate is what I'd expect to pay out to a sub/independent with that skill set - I would not bill them out at that! Plus, I do business in Ohio :) The normal bill rate out here to a client for a J2EE contractor (my area of expertise) is around 85-100/hr, which I would probably pay 60-75/hr on a 1099.

rules engines: i doubt there are any robust ones out there that a non-techie trader could easily use "on the fly". I've worked with plenty of rules engines, but I've yet to come across a non-techie business user that could honestly write the sript/rules.. We ended up writing a very specific engine for dummed down plain english rules for an insurance company, and they still ended up having a 'semi-techie" type person updating/editing them.. not a porogrammer per-se, but somebody along the lines of a closet-programmer/hobbiest type.. Just like they all think they can have their business users do their workflow modeling :) never happens, as guys who are good and know the workflow engine of choice bill at 180.

#12     Sep 28, 2005
  3. auto

auto

#13     Sep 29, 2005