Advice Needed - Please and thanks!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by iBanking, Feb 9, 2011.

1. iBanking

iBanking

I've recently stumbled upon this wonderful community and I have to say that I am very impressed with the amount of knowledge that has been shared on this forum. As you may have noticed, this is my first post and therefore I feel like I should shed some background info in order to foster a better answer.

I am currently a full-time commerce student studying at a university located in Toronto. I am fascinated with capital markets, and I wish to pursue a career in investment management upon graduation. My investment experience comes from managing a $20 000 student investment fund and interning at a wealth management firm.

With that being said, here is the advice I seek. I currently have $10 000 in an RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) and I wish to trade essentially two products: One, have an account with questrade and go long on equities and ETF’s, and two, have an account with(whatever you recommend) firm and trade 1 Emini contract at a time.

Now, I already have a broker in mind (questrade) for going long with equities , but I am still searching for a suitable futures broker that would allow me too:

• Trade Emini contracts with a Canadian account
    • Register with a RESP or TFSA so that I can minimize on taxes
    • Have a good trading platform with real time data to execute trades properly.

So with those three points above in mind, what broker would you recommend? I would also be interested in using a separate trading platform to do technical analysis, and one platform to execute trades on. What do you guys think?

~~~~SHORT VERSION OF QUESTION:

What are some of the best brokers to trade Emini contracts for Canadian clients? I would rank these following qualities in order of importance: Commissions->Trading Platform-> Allow TFSA and RESP accounts.

Thanks and I appreciate all your efforts in advanced!

-MS

2. iBanking

iBanking

Oh Yah, I tried using the search future but could not find any relevent information regarding trading platform/RESP/TFSA.

Thanks again!