Advice from the experienced

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by vanilla2, Mar 26, 2003.

1. clacy

clacy

"First, shape a good question (a hypothesis). Then test for answers. Never the other way around. A shotgun approach alone will probably not get you anywhere, because the variables that relate to market action are almost infinite"

Well said Saxon!

#101     Dec 9, 2006
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

What he also didn't say was that for a real genius -- somebody not Thomas Edison -- "Genius is at least 50% inspiration and at best 50% perspiration." Edison was a drudge who got lucky more often than not.

I love what real genius Nikola Tesla had to say about Edison: "If you gave him the task of finding a needle in a haystack, he would begin to furiously snatch up handsful of hay and frantically examine each one like a worker ant until he found the needle."

Tesla, of course, would've used a big magnet. :D :cool:

#102     Dec 26, 2006
  3. wow i'm surprised to see this thread. a lot has happened since then (that was my original handle).

i agree with you guys, i've been through a decent handful of production systems and none of them have ever survived the long haul in a strict vacuum. over time i've gravitated toward a more flexible and significantly more discretionary application of coded rulesets. this year has been my weakest out of the last 4, a few systems are failing simultaneously on me lately, but still beating my old bank salary on avg so whatever it's all good

you know in retrospect, the hardest thing for me to put into practice has still been the craft of inaction as a strategy in itself..

great analogy wrt the needle in the haystack

#103     Dec 26, 2006
  4. PKJR:
    What time frame is your system based on? Looks good. I have one for ER with similar results. Maybe we should trade.

#104     Dec 26, 2006
  5. .

#105     Dec 27, 2006