Advice from full-time traders on charting software/broker combinations

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Edwardo1976, Feb 1, 2011.

1. i've looked at many brokers.. and i've come to interactive seems to be the choice of most seemed professionals..
    next software... i am not sure where to go from here Ninja traders website looks alot more web 2.0 then multicharts or sierra but who knows what is better!! i trade primarly options and want to take advantage of a low cost direct access broker and use a good piece of software to trade with... usability is EVERYTHING when it comes to software... i've developed some web apps myself and know this to be so true... whats millions of degrees of functionality if you cant use it!! any ideas ?? help!!

#11     Aug 29, 2011
  2. i use the das trader platform. quite a few brokers offer it, like speed trader, noble trading, and some prop firms. the charting they have is very convenient, you can set it to change to the symbol currently in your level2/order window. unlike a lot of other companies, das trader has a free demo with real time data that you can use without having to hand over all of your information.

#12     Aug 30, 2011
  3. IB and Ninja are both ok, but unfortunately be prepared for lots of headaches with getting them to work together.
    They dont mix so well together which can be experienced by:
    -gaps in data
    -hassle and denials to get historical data
    -spikes in price in NT but not TWS

But you will encounter lots of other hurdles as well, so dont know how much of an issue these are.

#13     Aug 30, 2011
  4. i dont think das trader can be used for forex, but it does do everything in one program...multiple data feeds for real time and historical data for charts and trade execution. im sure one of the brokers who use need a little extra push to get them to go into forex, so maybe if you contact the right person at one of those firms, you could just use das trader for all of your needs

#14     Aug 30, 2011