Advice for youngster Best career/ major

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Moderate, Jul 6, 2007.

Which

Poll closed Oct 14, 2007.
  1. option 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. option 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. option 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. option 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. option 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. option 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. option 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So im going to college and was just wondering what could be the best career/major:

Option 1: Med school(radiologist). can do it, hate science but i can do it. lot of $$$ secure job 4+4+5 yrs = $400k + (crappy job, not too bad) coming out with very little debt

option 2: professor of finance 4+3yrs = 50-60k although bls says 85k (can trade on the side)

option 3:accounting--> big 4 job --> CFO 6+2yrs + experience = $$$ crappy job (accounting sucks? or is that a myth) (get to backdate my options YEEAA)

option 4: engineer roofing company side job + regular job ( hate geometry) 4yrs

option 5: transfer to better college attempt to land job at some fund

option 6 : fulltime trader ( work in progress, still need something to fall back on career)

option 7: education degree: 4yrs, great benefits, :chillin:

2. Option 8-- Go to college. Have fun, get laid, join a frat...then after a year or two start to worry about the rest of your life.

95% of the time, whatever you "plan" to do when you're 18 will not be the path you end up on when you're 25 or 30.

Enjoy your youth, and best of luck to you.

P.S.--What school will you be attending?

3. insert

insert

after many years in school

you won't have energy to research markets

good luck

I know what I speak

4. You should never go to med school for the money. You would be taking someone's space who really cares.

Besides, radiology is one of those professions that will be sent to India or China by the time you graduate. You could then become an overqualified, underpaid X-ray technician.

5. me need big $$$