Advice for Trading Futures..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TheSorcerer, Sep 27, 2007.

1. hi guys,

I want to paper trade S&P index futures. Can you recommend a cheap chart service as well as a good paper trading platform that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg?

:D

2. Open E Cry charges ~$25 a month for their platform and charts. Check their site, all the details are on there.

3. Open a trading account with a broker that offers a simulator for free.

This is the route most take when starting new.

Mark

4. dont blow up

5. you're worthless.

6. Usually if you open up a futures account, they'll include a simulated trading one too. Most times you won't even have to fund the real trading account, as to not tempt you to trade it.

Here is a list of CME simulators that can work. I think they generally have a 30 day trial if you're not a client.

http://cme.com/edu/st/ts/index.html

7. Try Amp Futures...you can demo/sim NinjaTrader for as long as you want without opening an account. Talk to a broker and they'll hook you up with passwords once you've downloaded NT. It says 30-day demo but they'll keep extending it for as long as you need.

MDT

8. Also,

You could do Ninjatrader for free (they do free simulated trading without a data feed) and get free emini and ECN quotes from OpenTick.

This would probably be the best solution if you didn't want to pay for a simulator/paper trader or get hounded by brokers after signing up for a trial.

9. this is all so confusing...

but, I don't know if I want to do futures. I think I will stick with stocks.

:(

10. #10     Sep 30, 2007