Advice for getting started

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Joshua.D, May 3, 2010.

1. Joshua.D

Joshua.D

Hello everyone,

I'm a college senior and recently got recruited by a Chicago prop firm to trade remotely until I graduate. They provide 1 week of training (starts 1 week from today), and then 3-4 weeks of simulated trading before I would be given money to trade with on my own schedule if I do well.

I really don't know anything and they said that no experience is fine, but I was hoping I could get some advice about what would give me the best chances of success. They trade commodity futures and said they are starting me off trading the mini dow futures contract.

I've been trading a paper account on thinkorswim a little but and have had a little success scalping some futures there using some indicators I've learned, but thats about it.

Does anyone have any adivce, and also what would you rate my chances at making it through the combine? I think my poker background is what helped me get in, and I feel like I can learn and pick up on things pretty quick, but is one week training and interaction with successful traders enough to make me profitable?

Thanks in advance,

Josh