Advice for Experienced Trader Looking To Get a Job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Mr Genius, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Mr Genius

Mr Genius

Hey guys,

I am a 25 years old daddy, who does some odd jobs here and there in another country nowadays while trading US equities at night.

Coming out of college, I received a BA from a top 5 liberals arts college in the country in 2008. Due to the crappy economy, I couldnt land the dream job that I had wanted at the time. Through some luck, I found equity trading through a friend and fell in love with it at first sight.

To keep it short, I had a low 6 digits account to start with in 2008. My return for the years are 66% for 2008, -8% for 2009, 30% for 2010, and 20% so far for 2011. I am planning to hit 100% return for 2011. Hopefully, I can get it done.

What is my story? My parents are currently living in the US and are really old. I want to land a job in the US so that my parents can see the baby more often. The job that I am looking for is a trader position that will pay me a salary plus some bonus. But, I have heard that it is really hard to land one of these jobs. My goal for this job is actually not the salary, but actually to learn from the best in the business and also to gain some big connections. Of course, the salary must be decent enough to support my family, such as rent, food, transportation, and possibly some extra saving for a rainy day.

Do you guys have any suggestion for me in term of this job hunting process?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.