Advice for a youngster?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aorneltrades91, Jan 12, 2018.

1. 777

A Top Priority: Personal Mentor (s).

Try to develop personal relationships with a traders who win right now and have a track record.

This does not mean buying advice from the many scam/used to win/never won gurus-for-hire.
    _____

What I am saying can be done alongside most other good ideas.

#71     Jan 14, 2018
    Gambit likes this.
  2. 100k is a ridiculous salary for a 26 year old without a degree. Doesnt indicate tough working conditions.

#72     Jan 21, 2018
  3. Why don't you interview people with degrees in finance. For what positions? Who do you hire?

#73     Jan 21, 2018
  4. Xela

Xela

"Trainee traders" ... occasionally - not at the moment. Mostly recent graduates, typically aged around 23, maybe a little older.

The general policy is that we strongly prefer what we see as "more academically rigorous" (and less "vocationally intended/targeted") degrees, almost regardless of precise subject. Just our perspective, and probably based on previous experiences, I'd guess.

I started as a "trader" rather than as a "trainee trader" myself, already having quite a bit of experience under my belt. (My first degree was in HPS - "history & philosophy of science".)

I haven't been here long enough to comment in any more detail than that and probably wouldn't be allowed to, anyway.

#74     Jan 21, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  5. Interesting. Thanks for your input.

#75     Jan 21, 2018
    Xela likes this.