Advice about getting in the door

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by entrep101, Sep 3, 2008.

1. JCVR

JCVR

because he's not a good trader, he's looking to learn!

#11     Sep 5, 2008
  2. http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-search...ountry=USA&metro_search=1&industry=&kw=trader

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JKWC7O...rch-k-trader-d-FT-d-PT-j-PERM-j-CONT-h-trader

A cutting edge hedge fund firm in the Boston area has engaged us to find an Assistant Trader. The right person for this role will be highly proficient with Excel, have good communication skills, be intellectually curious and value working in a collegial atmosphere. The Assistant Trader must be able to work independently as well as in groups without requiring close supervision. In addition, this person must be comfortable working with highly intelligent colleagues from the fields of economics, accounting, computer science, physics and mathematics to name a few. Keys to success will include willingness to work long hours on interesting problems and be interested in finance and investing. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and a top tiered school is a plus. The role has a base salary up to $60k with a possibility of bonus and comes with a fantastic benefits package. If you are interested in the Assistant Trader role please forward your resume directly to: michael.augustine@roberthalffsg.com for immediate consideration. Please review the requirements before submitting your resume.

#12     Sep 5, 2008
  3. entrep101

entrep101

Thanks JCVR- that was what i was looking for. Thats why i am going to try and stay away from the larger operations-- im not interested in going back office.

Are there any other "qualifications" i could pursue other than the CFA that would make me more appealing? Im taking the first part of that in Dec.

Chipmunk-- i consider myself very green and obviously have a lot to learn. As i said before i also want to see how a fund operates.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

#13     Sep 5, 2008
  4. I sent you a PM. I was also in a similar position you were in about 2 years ago.

#14     Sep 5, 2008
  5. JCVR

JCVR

Be careful with Robert Half, those guys post fake jobs to build their resume database. I would also be willing to bet that "assistant trader" means middle/back office analyst in this case.

#15     Sep 5, 2008