Adventures in Trading with a Killer

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Hedge Fund Killer, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet1

Quiet1

A 4 tick stop loss?! :confused:

#41     May 4, 2018
  2. He is day trading, most trades are done within the same day. Not position trading like he previously said. That probably only happens when he gets a very strong one direction trend.

#42     May 4, 2018
  3. Quiet1

Quiet1

fair enough. HG is not particularly liquid at that time of day though so easy to get stopped at as he was a few minutes later.

#43     May 4, 2018
  4. SteveH

SteveH

I'll add that it is not practical to look for such a rare case as what will occur as a result will be a significant drop in your population of opportunities. You'd rather have a very common, very doable 1:1 with 70% winners which occur with far more frequency than the statistical outlier. It IS where the stats converge on this inverse relationship.

[This is why I don't particularly like posting at ET. You get the ever-lovin' sheet nit-picked outta you. You'd have to be a super-egotistical dumba$$ to hold out for a piece of steak in a pig trough]

#44     May 4, 2018
  5. I'm not talking about singular trades. I'm talking about traders whole stats. There are definitely traders who can average better than 70% and 1:1.

You stated no one can do it over the long run.

#45     May 4, 2018
  6. Stopped out. Loss = $50 per contract.

#46     May 5, 2018
  7. Trades for the Week Ending 5/4/2018

upload_2018-5-5_3-57-47.png

#47     May 5, 2018
    userque likes this.
  8. Analysis of the Month: Copper (HG)

I have been ruminating over why I have not been able to position trade in the copper market. I have surmised that the copper market wants the supply-side resolved. In particular, the copper market wants the labor negotiations at the BHP Billiton-operated Escondida mine, the world’s largest copper mine, in Chile and the dispute between Freeport-McMoran Inc. and the Indonesian government over Grasberg, one of the top ten largest copper mines in the world, resolved. On the demand-side, although economic date from China, the world’s largest copper consumer, has weakened, recent consumption data showing that the Chinese demand for copper has aggrandized, albeit at a slow rate, lends support to the copper market. Until the supply-side is resolved, expect copper to trade in a descending triangle with the downward trend line from 3.3220 of 12/28/17 and 3.2720 of 2/16/18 defining the upward boundary and 2.9375 of 3/26/18 defining the lower boundary.
    HG 5-6-2018.png

#48     May 6, 2018
  9. Long HG @ 3.0740. S/L @ 3.0680.

#49     May 6, 2018
  10. Stopped out. Loss = $150.

#50     May 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.